DSC_1033.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1032.jpg
    DSC_1032.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 597
  • DSC_1033.jpg
    DSC_1033.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 539
Can the derrick dismantle the entire building before we move onto the next crane?
Speaking in a realistic sense, I doubt it can do so considering it is attached only to the top of this building. Unless you mean, of course, if the construction process is reversed, but that would involve the removal of parts of the floor for the crane, which then dismantles 365 Church, or erecting a crane atop the staging area.

They could do it in a Looney Tunes cartoon. After completing disassembly and hanging still in mid-air, the derrick would, after a few moments, have a sudden realization of its own situation and then plummet to ground level. woop-woop-woop-woop-whooop - BAM - tweet tweet!

It's a crime against urbanity.

To be fair, urbanity is seldom about architectural beauty. Tokyo is extremely urban but most of its buildings are as ugly as this thing.
Problem with this condo is that it adds density but doesn't add urbanity. On second throught, most of our new buildings are like that. They are just there as more bedrooms and nothing else.

Does anyone agree with me Velocity in comparison looks sharp and even pretty and doesn't look half as bad any more? LOL

Last edited:
Does anyone agree with me Velocity in comparison looks sharp and even pretty and doesn't look half as bad any more? LOL

I can still give this one a passing grade if they miraculously decide to bury the utility poles passing by that site.

I know most everyone doesn't want more photos of this building but here are few from today anyhow.
IMG_2150.jpg
IMG_2151.jpg
IMG_2152.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2150.jpg
    IMG_2150.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_2151.jpg
    IMG_2151.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_2152.jpg
    IMG_2152.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 522
They could do it in a Looney Tunes cartoon. After completing disassembly and hanging still in mid-air, the derrick would, after a few moments, have a sudden realization of its own situation and then plummet to ground level. woop-woop-woop-woop-whooop - BAM - tweet tweet!

You gave a decent explanation of Looney Tunes cartoon sounds in words there, and I could picture it in my head, but aren't we living in the real world where that is not possible?

TI

I wonder what the actual units are like?
Small units. Perfect for the Uni students it will likely house.
This building is acceptable when close by, but from a distance - disaster. Anyway, this happened this morning. It was like a fire-hose spraying from an open access area on the north side of the building. The water sprayed in a north-west direction, surely causing some trouble on the sidewalks & Church Street.

IMG_3313.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 530

Back