Toronto 365 Church Condos | 102.1m | 31s | Menkes | Wallman Architects

The dataBase entry for this project is now live here. Several detail renderings.

I can't believe how awful this thing is, given Wallman's personal abilities. I'm sorry, but that podium is absolutely ghastly... they didn't even try! :(

I agree...not impressed. From the outside, it looks like they are trying to replicate the industrial look so many other condos use for the lobby, though the inside view does give some hope. THe roofdeck party room is a bad idea. You don't buy a penthouse for the privilege of having people party atop your head. I suspect that will get deep sixed. Amenities belong on lower floors, preferably in a podium...especially in a building that will be almost exclusively filled with students.

THe roofdeck party room is a bad idea. You don't buy a penthouse for the privilege of having people party atop your head. I suspect that will get deep sixed. Amenities belong on lower floors, preferably in a podium...especially in a building that will be almost exclusively filled with students.

What is with this new trend of party rooms and/or amenities on top? This is premium space that could be sold and for the residents living below, these spaces are going to be a nightmare to live under and for the building to manage.

It doesn't really matter where amenities go from a complaints point of view: podium level patios are usually within earshot and sightlines of lower level suites. Rules of use that include 9 pm closing tend to take care of most issues. I think excellent views in a patio or lounge add to a buildings value.

Cooler place to have amenities than in the basement like some have.

Totally agree. Love rooftop terraces and patios. Plus, I don't see how having a rooftop patio in of itself decreases the value of the penthouses or makes them less desirable. I think the actual quality of the project and builder, it's location, and who it's marketed to have more to do with property values than having amenities on the roof! Check out One and Two Old Mill for amazing rooftops...and see how well their $1M+ penthouses are selling for. But that's a different project.

If its a concern with students or partiers @ 365 Church, then condos have rules and regulations and closing times...it's not like it will be open all night long.

I would think that potential buyers would see value in having a penthouse taht has it's own roofdeck. Radio City has that and it adds considerable value to those properties. The condo corproation also has to think about liability issues too, with people pitching beer bottles off the roofdeck, etc..

Perhaps a rooftop deck would work for some properties, but not in a place that will be party central.

Radio City has that and it adds considerable value to those properties.

Both Radio City towers have private rooftop terraces for the exclusive use of penthouse owners only.

I didn't get that from the article but it was written in an awkward way. I think they meant that 365 was the first project of the year to be announced. I was by the site a few days ago and they just put up some new marketing signs. It's still listed on their website.

Back