Toronto 351 Queen East | 96.55m | 28s | ONE Properties | Kirkor Architects

Shoppers is leaving the site this September and will move to Queen and Sherbourne.
Store isn't getting more stock.

Interesting, seems a bit premature.

This one is not yet approved and no permit applications are filed, accordingly.

It's unikely they will be in a position to start in early fall; but ya never know.

Shoppers is leaving the site this September and will move to Queen and Sherbourne.

Was curious where it was moving, and the building permit for the new Shoppers is in this building, seems like it will be small!

1686605712810.png

Not sure where the store is going, though signs inside said Queen and Ontario (it'd have to be a "simply pharmacy" store, not a full-line SDM. I was in there today, and the store was very bare. The post office is closing, completely, after Labour Day weekend, a few days before the store itself.

New stats are updated in the database. The total unit count changed from 467 units to 526 units. Storey count changed from 27 to 28 storey. Bike parking increased from 496 bikes to 539 bikes. The total car parking changed from 170 car parking to 77 car parking.

The info are taken from the arch plan via Minor variance.

New stats are updated in the database. The total unit count changed from 467 units to 526 units. Storey count changed from 27 to 28 storey. Bike parking increased from 496 bikes to 539 bikes. The total car parking changed from 170 car parking to 77 car parking.

The info are taken from the arch plan via Minor variance.
Will any provision be made in the plans for another elevator to service the second and third level residential suites? I assume that there was to be an elevator — or two — in the plans for the supermarket. Now that it's gone, that elevator capacity should be maintained for the new suites.

Will any provision be made in the plans for another elevator to service the second and third level residential suites? I assume that there was to be an elevator — or two — in the plans for the supermarket. Now that it's gone, that elevator capacity should be maintained for the new suites.

The elevator that was dedicated to the supermarket is removed from the plans, along with the escalators.

The bank of elevators for the tower was 4 elevators and remains 4 elevators.

Folks with mobility issues will just have to learn to climb up there then... /s

Im getting tired of the unwritten code that "brick should never extend any taller than the median height of heritage buildings in the vicinity"

Although I am greatful for the straightforward white precast instead of the usual jumbled window wall and random cutouts.

^^^ Still no permits in process here, not even for demo of the vacated Shoppers.

That would probably be, because there is no Site Plan Approval in place yet.

@Paclo link to the SPA above as there are some new docs, though I believe these are mostly technical + adjustments to reflect the C of A relief on the supermarket.

As yet, no new Arch. Plans; but new Cover Letter in Dec; new Civil Plans in Feb '24.

Back