Oakville 349 Davis Road | 182m | 58s | Powell Insurance Brokers | SVMA

I flipped through the documents surrounding this proposal again. I think I agree with Northern Lite from a year ago, this may be a case of land amalgamation, rezoning and then flip the property. There are a lot of asks here re road realignments, and the cancelling of other road works. It is all justified under various elements of Oakville, Halton and Ontario planning elements. And as usual written as if Corbett is your buddy next door and only interested in the preservation and enhancement of community. But not really. There are other items related to Corbetts studies that at first glance do not seem to fit, but more studying needs to be done.

All very interesting in the context of what else is being proposed by various developers in this mid-town area. How many towers can be jammed into this area?

...the thing is that this exercise gets the rights to build something that high in Squat'ville, Ontario to sell it to some skeezy developer who can freely give the finger to local council while building some VE'd spandrel monstrosity there. And..oh look, it's a lose-lose situation for everyone else who isn't directly involved in this deal! /sigh

...the thing is that this exercise gets the rights to build something that high in Squat'ville, Ontario to sell it to some skeezy developer who can freely give the finger to local council while building some VE'd spandrel monstrosity there. And..oh look, it's a lose-lose situation for everyone else who isn't directly involved in this deal! /sigh
Part of me hopes we wind up in a situation like China where we have many empty skyscrapers built on bullshit and a bunch of greedy assholes lose their shirts...

Back