Toronto 335 Yonge | 55.2m | 16s | Lalani | Zeidler

Wow ...

This is very close to the Yonge subway ... it seems to have opened, but I'm surprised. Could be a messy rush-hour.

daaaaamn, hope this gets investigated VERY thoroughly. suspicious indeed. Can't wait to hear what "Mr. Lalani" has to say about this.

I was also wondering if all that water or the collapse of the building would have affected the subway at all too.

Every camera in the area was focussed on the Lalani sign. While previously merely infamous, they are now authentically famous. I stink of smoke: standing there watching, even at a distance, is a health hazard. While the news reporters are saying HMV is unaffected by fire, the water and smoke damage to it and the RU building will be significant.

Check out video coverage at: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2011/01/03/toronto-fire-yonge-gould.html

Last edited:
I photographed Yonge Street from Bloor to King Street in the summer of 2009 (I can't find the thread). Here's a photo of the Edison as I lay my tired head down for a few hours. So sad, so unnecessary.

Hooray for yet another green glass condo soon to come. I knew this was coming, was just a matter of time. Not surprised.

Extremely disappointed but really, what did you expect?

What makes you think condos? I almost think Ryerson is liking there chops this morning.

From the Toronto Star:

Wong-Tam said that she had tried several times to contact the building’s owners, hoping to figure out a way they could move forward with the buildings restoration.

After much discussion, a date of Jan. 10 was set to meet with structural engineers to nail down a definitive timeline to push forward in seeing the building restored.

This reeks of being not an accident.

I just want to see the property owner get slammed for arsen, fraud, attempted murder, and anything else that comes with it. Couldn't have made it any more obvious.

4am, what a convenient time to start a fire.

I'm sure that blue tarp over the building didn't help. This could have happened just from someone ashing a ciggarette from a rooftop patio at TLS on to it.

Back