Vaughan 3300 Rutherford | 105.4m | 29s | Almadev | BDP Quadrangle

Cute that they've decided on their own that there'd be a VIVA BRT on Rutherford.

-3000 new residents in that area (one that really isn't conducive to doing anything without a car) is, wow!
Would love that lol, but doesn't look like it's even being discussed :(

Last edited:
What road is that Viva bus+infastructure on? Rutherford?
The rendering would put it on Rutherford. But unofficial plans by York Region is to keep VIVA on Jane.

The Region is building a bus terminal at Major Mac and Amusement Dr on Wonderland Property. So if we were to go by the unofficial VIVA plans for a route on Jane and the development rendering: VIVA would stay on Jane from VMC to Vaughan Mills, from Vaughan Mills it goes along Fishermens Way, then Sweet River Blvd, and some how have Sweet River Blvd connected to Canada’s Wonderland Dr.

Last edited:
Public Meeting before the Committee of the Whole is tomorrow at 7pm (@ Vaughan City Hall)
At last night's committee of the whole public meeting, this application as it was presented, was unanimously rejected by council and the applicant has been ordered to conduct a community meeting (as 100% of the residents in the neighbourhood just to the north) opposed the development. There are way too many problems/issues/conflicts, etc. with the current application, and I suspect there will be many revisions until everyone is happy with the final outcome. We will need to wait and see what happens, however much lower density and building heights will have to be part of the final proposal. Current Official Plan allows for buildings with a max. 8 storey height.

Do they mean 100% of the usually tiny but very noisy number who get involved?
Well I counted about 250 people that actually came to the meeting (and many more were online), and there are 615 homes in that small neighbourhood, so you can do the math.

Anyone know why Canadas Wonderland doesn't want Canadas Wonderland Drive to become public?
Vaughan's 2051 Transportation Plan even has a 400 flyover there that is noted as: "Block 32 mid-block flyover is technically justified but will not be implemented as per council resolution."

If that road became public it would be an interesting way to improve traffic flow in the area and access into this neighbourhood.
It's also in terrible condition - Wonderland could at least spend a bit to improve it (unless they see it becoming public in the near future?)

Another thing I find interesting is the subway extension to Major Mac is shown on the 2051 York Region plan but not the 2051 City of Vaughan plan.

Anyone know why Canadas Wonderland doesn't want Canadas Wonderland Drive to become public?
Vaughan's 2051 Transportation Plan even has a 400 flyover there that is noted as: "Block 32 mid-block flyover is technically justified but will not be implemented as per council resolution."

If that road became public it would be an interesting way to improve traffic flow in the area and access into this neighbourhood.
It's also in terrible condition - Wonderland could at least spend a bit to improve it (unless they see it becoming public in the near future?)

Another thing I find interesting is the subway extension to Major Mac is shown on the 2051 York Region plan but not the 2051 City of Vaughan plan.
I don't see it ever going public unless the entire parking lot is restructured. Canada's Wonderland Drive is the queue for the toll gates, and gets backed up with cars every morning. Without the private entrance road, there wouldn't be anywhere for all those cars to be backed up. If you go to any Cedar Fair or Six Flags park on Google Maps, you'll see a large private road at the entrance, and don't forget that Canada's Wonderland is typically the most visited park in North America behind Disney and Universal parks.

Article on Renx discussing this site, along with one in Oshawa, in looking at Ellsworth group:

From the above:

1688052897228.png

*Mods* I believe the title thread needs amending to reflect Ellsworth as the proponent.

Article on Renx discussing this site, along with one in Oshawa, in looking at Ellsworth group:

From the above:

View attachment 488702

*Mods* I believe the title thread needs amending to reflect Ellsworth as the proponent.
Ellsworth are included in the list of developers (you can see their name pop up in the Database box up top of this page, and the full list of the team on the actual database page), but once development goes ahead here, Almadev will be the lead, so it's their name in the first spot, and there fore the one that ends up in the thread title.

Updated proposal now on PlanIt. New proposal calls for lower overall density, lower building heights, only 2,000 new units and relocated the public park.

1711235368441.png

1711235395036.png
1711235440934.png

Back