Hamilton 325 James Street North | 45.7m | 12s | Core Urban Inc. | Lintack Architects

I think the issue is mainly jackson square - I mean anything that CAN exist will prioritize there - making that mall basically killed gore parks "mall" aesthetic.

But yeah the days of giant department stores is coming to a close - I know for me I only ever went shopping at them at christmas time..

So I honestly don't know what gore park/james st area should be - for the Zellers ol parking lot I guess more boutique/food stuff wouldn't hurt. Maybe put a bingo hall back downtown haaaa.. god that was awful..

I think the issue is mainly jackson square - I mean anything that CAN exist will prioritize there - making that mall basically killed gore parks "mall" aesthetic.

But yeah the days of giant department stores is coming to a close - I know for me I only ever went shopping at them at christmas time..

So I honestly don't know what gore park/james st area should be - for the Zellers ol parking lot I guess more boutique/food stuff wouldn't hurt. Maybe put a bingo hall back downtown haaaa.. god that was awful..
Simon's has entered the chat

REALLY.

Simons is a great store - I used to get a lot of my stuff from there until they went all hipster styled - suits and bowties aren't my thing lol...
I love Simon's. I buy so much of my stuff from there. I don't find most of their stuff overly hipster. I'd call it "hip" and "French" I just skip their suit section. It's one of the only reasons I'll deal with Mississauga.

I love their sunglasses too. Only buy them at Simon's. Love their linen clothes too, difficult to find elsewhere.

I love Simon's. I buy so much of my stuff from there. I don't find most of their stuff overly hipster. I'd call it "hip" and "French" I just skip their suit section. It's one of the only reasons I'll deal with Mississauga.

I love their sunglasses too. Only buy them at Simon's. Love their linen clothes too, difficult to find elsewhere.

I just wear aviators and sunglasses are pretty much uniform in that dept so don't need to go to simons there

Being extremely skinny I need my clothes to look tailored - simons used to have great tailored short sleeves that fit me great - with the little pockets over each pec and button or snap down, but last time I went in there it was all loose fitting clothes and tshirts that went like over the crotch they were so long and tube pants and thats not my style at all - couldn't find a single thing I liked in the entire store - so I'll just wait until this era is over and something better comes along lol..

These days I get my fitted shirts at niagara on the lake - usually wait for a discount as one shirt can cost 300 dollars - like the one I'm wearing in my profile pic - love me some paisley hehe

I just wear aviators and sunglasses are pretty much uniform in that dept so don't need to go to simons there

Being extremely skinny I need my clothes to look tailored - simons used to have great tailored short sleeves that fit me great - with the little pockets over each pec and button or snap down, but last time I went in there it was all loose fitting clothes and tshirts that went like over the crotch they were so long and tube pants and thats not my style at all - couldn't find a single thing I liked in the entire store - so I'll just wait until this era is over and something better comes along lol..

These days I get my fitted shirts at niagara on the lake - usually wait for a discount as one shirt can cost 300 dollars - like the one I'm wearing in my profile pic - love me some paisley hehe
Loose 90s style clothes are in right now, hence "hip". And they offer free alterations or cheap tailoring for certain items. Bought pants and they altered them free to my exact height. Being 6'3" I really appreciated that.

Loose 90s style clothes are in right now, hence "hip". And they offer free alterations or cheap tailoring for certain items. Bought pants and they altered them free to my exact height. Being 6'3" I really appreciated that.
I'm 6'4 - I have like a 34 inseam and 28 and a half inch waist lol.. but skinny pants just make me look like a walking tree person, so I wear bellbottoms, I buy them from a british place in the uk lol - freshly made. Thus I am quite distinguishable walking out and about hehe.. I'm very elven

I also prefer short sleeves that are tailored and stop right above my belt so I can show off my belt region hehe - I like a streamlined form - I hate loose tops and I hate skintight pants - I very much enjoy the old 60-80s look, like the old skintight ringer tees with bellbottoms - show off the torso, show off the butt hehe

Last edited:
I'm 6'4 - I have like a 34 inseam and 28 and a half inch waist lol.. but skinny pants just make me look like a walking tree person, so I wear bellbottoms, I buy them from a british place in the uk lol - freshly made. Thus I am quite distinguishable walking out and about hehe.. I'm very elven

I also prefer short sleeves that are tailored and stop right above my belt so I can show off my belt region hehe - I like a streamlined form - I hate loose tops and I hate skintight pants - I very much enjoy the old 60-80s look, like the old skintight ringer tees with bellbottoms - show off the torso, show off the butt hehe
Check out Stoney Creek Tailor

Still not too much as if today. Seems most of the internal demolition has slowed or stopped completely. I assume it will ramp up as soon as the other Core Urban build is complete, and perhaps rented out at least partially. Really looking forward to seeing this get moving:
1000004057.jpg
1000004058.jpg

I live right by Augusta, walk past most days. It's almost done. You can see inside and most of the suites are complete now. Seems like they're just finishing up the lobby, restaurant and some of the exterior cladding. Also the front landscaping and perimeter canopy. I predict it will be pretty much 100% complete sometime in March.

Back