Toronto 320 Bay Modernization | ?m | 18s | Menkes | B+H

Looks like work has started:

2C94A1DC-FA47-4DD5-8409-800D6D1A23B0.jpeg

The existing saw-toothed building is relatively new. I remember it being built in the 90s (I think it was for Barclays Bank), and even then I was impressed at how they managed to squeeze a tallish building into such a tight spot.
Sorry I know this is quite old of a post. However just seen it. And this is in my opinion a loss. Neat idea... but I rather like how this looks now. To bad they couldn’t do the same thing they’re planning only have that one side crinkled as is just extended into new tower the enitire way and in the same glass colour

Man seriously hurt in downtown Toronto electrocution: police

Incident was near Bay and Adelaide streets on Sunday morning

CBC News · Posted: Mar 08, 2020 9:06 AM ET

An electrician was seriously injured after getting electrocuted and burned in Toronto's financial district Sunday morning, police say.

Police got a call at 7:56 a.m. Sunday for an industrial accident explosion at 320 Bay St, by Adelaide St. W.

The man was rushed to hospital with burns on his face and torso, said Const. Edward Parks, who called the injuries "pretty serious.

Nobody else was hurt, Parks said.

The restoration is coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely.

Here is what it looked like in 2019.

Source (Google Streetview)

1606144101826.png

Not sure I like the word "modernization" in the subject line here, as that could mean they want to turn into a 76 Adelaide W. or 401 Bay jobby. /sigh

Back