Toronto 32 Camden | ?m | 12s | Sorbara | Core Architects

I guess that is the very very very VVVIP night as opposed to Lafleur's very very VVIP night on March 9th.
Gotta get me an invvvite!

Got an invitation to an "Insiders Preview" event there on March 10.
They are offering "Special preview pricing" and a year's worth of maintenance fees for free for all sales that night.

was that just for registering on their website, or was that because you have bought in their developments before?

Sneak peek at scale model. Nice job by Core on this low midrise. Some really nice south facing balcony/terrace space.

32camdensneakpeak1.jpg

Just noticed that the scale model is not the same as the rendering we have.
Looks like some balconies got cut. I guess we be getting a new rendering this week too.

I was expecting much more from this project in terms of interior design, layouts and finishes. Very poor layouts, most of the units are bachelors, one jr. bed, one bed and one plus den, I was expecting bigger units. The kitchen they installed in the sales centre has nothing to do with the real kitchen finishes for the project, there are not kitchen islands, not even in the PH units. the standard flooring is laminate. the average price seems to be like $600 psf. Very good looking building from the exterior though. Shame on Sorbara....

I have to agree. A majority of the layouts were quite poor. Kitchen spaces were particularly deficient. Too many suites had pillars running through them, making the potential placement of furniture difficult.

One suite was just eight feet wide.

I also agree. The majority of the units are 1 bedroom. There are no 2 bedrooms, and there are a few 3 bedroom units.
No parking is available for purchase, except for the PH units which 1 space is included in the purchase price.

Most of the 1 bedroom units have interior bedrooms. The rooms and living spaces are rather cramped and some of the units suffer from poor column placement in living rooms. There is a 1-bedroom unit that has a living/dining room which is less than 7-1/2 feet wide! All of the 1-bedroom units are less than 600 s.f.
There are very few units that have a balcony, most of the balconies are located on the backside (north) of the building, which any condo development could come in directly behind.

The sales office also serves as the design centre for 400 Wellington, so most of the finishes shown there are not applicable to 32 Camden.
The mock up kitchen for 32 Camden shows upgrades and like carturo15 said there are no kitchen islands in any of the units -- the kitchen layout and size are identical for all of the units, from the 367 s.f. bachelor to the 1359 s.f. 2-story PH, it's all the same. The finishes are rather typical of most condo developments, tasteful but not particularly special or high-end looking.

The special they have tonight was 2% off purchase price, 1 year free maintenance and free assignment fee -- not much of an incentive.

I really like the design of the building, how there are only 87 units in the building, and the quiet street it is on -- unfortunately the floorplans needs some improvement and would be a deal breaker for me (and also parking is not available). It's really too bad since I really want to love this building. Sales has been very brisk, as many were sold yesterday and a few more sold tonight.

With new developments like this with very few great suites (there are some here that could work well with some tinkering) and catering to the first-timers, it will put alot of price pressure on existing stock that has reasonable living areas, room for islands etc.
Folks might be better to buy an existing unit, use the space provided and redo kitchens, bathrooms etc.

With new developments like this with very few great suites (there are some here that could work well with some tinkering) and catering to the first-timers, it will put alot of price pressure on existing stock that has reasonable living areas, room for islands etc.
Folks might be better to buy an existing unit, use the space provided and redo kitchens, bathrooms etc.

Looking at how awful the layouts are in a lot of these newer spaces...I feel quite good about the condos I've purchased. All have full kitchens (non-linear), all have good floorplans and all have windows in the bedrooms with average to large living/dining rooms. At least they'll be easier to sell.

Disappointed

On the positive side. it makes the original Camdenlofts across the street look good. Units are larger and have a decent layout. This no-nonsense building has stood the test of time quite well so far.

On the positive side. it makes the original Camdenlofts across the street look good. Units are larger and have a decent layout. This no-nonsense building has stood the test of time quite well so far.

Yes, the original Camden lofts does have some great units - as does the nearby 10 Morrison (formerly 455 Adelaide).

Back