Mississauga 3161 Hurontario Street (Mississauga) | ?m | 37s | Trolleybus

Lake Ontario

Member Bio
Reaction score
From the July 5th Planning and Development Committee (page 198-200/806): https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=29897

Located on the southeast corner of Hurontario and John Street, across from the Cooksville GO station. Trolleybus proposed a 37 storey residential building to the city back in 2019. A planning application is expected in late 2022.

There is a 25 storey height limit along Hurontario between the tracks and Agnes Street, and the developer is suggesting the city to increase it to 35-40 storeys.
1657763271096.png

Last edited:
From the July 5th Planning and Development Committee (page 198-200/806): https://pub-mississauga.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=29897

Located on the southeast corner of Hurontario and John Street, across from the Cooksville GO station. Trolleybus proposed a 37 storey residential building to the city back in 2019. A planning application is expected in late 2022.

There is a 25 storey height limit along Hurontario between the tracks and Agnes Street, and the developer is suggesting the city to increase it to 35-40 storeys.
View attachment 413676
Yay density around a transit hub!

If they start letting new buildings be built close to the current GO will that officially close the door on the GO line being rerouted through square one.
Unless they build a tunnel starting at Cawthra and Dundas to Sq One, makes no different to development around the GO Station. If a tram-train can be had for the Milton Line, it would connect to the Hurontario LRT on the northside of the CP bridge with no stop for the GO Station. You have a hydro substations and housing on the northside of a future 4th track in the way for a station.

Provision in place for a 4th track to service Cooksville new platforms.

How would you reroute the line??

Unless they build a tunnel starting at Cawthra and Dundas to Sq One, makes no different to development around the GO Station. If a tram-train can be had for the Milton Line, it would connect to the Hurontario LRT on the northside of the CP bridge with no stop for the GO Station. You have a hydro substations and housing on the northside of a future 4th track in the way for a station.

Provision in place for a 4th track to service Cooksville new platforms.

How would you reroute the line??
I wouldnt have a route planned... But I do think these people who buy with the sole intent to live beside the GO station might create an uproar if the GO station moved. I like the development but really the GO station should be directly into MCC. then Again I think every major thing should be developed there. A new Raptors 905 arena, a new hospital, a new school, a new community centre.

I wouldnt have a route planned... But I do think these people who buy with the sole intent to live beside the GO station might create an uproar if the GO station moved. I like the development but really the GO station should be directly into MCC. then Again I think every major thing should be developed there. A new Raptors 905 arena, a new hospital, a new school, a new community centre.
Given the fact that ML totally rebuilt this station, ML has no plan taking the line to Sq One anytime soon.

As I have noted in the past. a branch bypass line can be built to Sq One at great cost and no different than what is found in Europe.

In a master plan for Sq One area I came up with years ago, CCTT would be move to the east next to Hurontario and the LRT to handle 150,000 riders daily service by GO Bus/Rail, 3 LRT line, Underground BRT station with a new Transitway.

Current CCTT would become a Community Centre and duel school for 5,000 from K-12. Don't see a hospital since you have 2 within 10 minutes of the area, but some sort of a medical complex.

The whole area can handle 350,000 residential and office workers easy. Sq One mall would become 1/6 the current foot print with up to 500 stores with development on top of it.

Given the fact that ML totally rebuilt this station, ML has no plan taking the line to Sq One anytime soon.

As I have noted in the past. a branch bypass line can be built to Sq One at great cost and no different than what is found in Europe.

In a master plan for Sq One area I came up with years ago, CCTT would be move to the east next to Hurontario and the LRT to handle 150,000 riders daily service by GO Bus/Rail, 3 LRT line, Underground BRT station with a new Transitway.

Current CCTT would become a Community Centre and duel school for 5,000 from K-12. Don't see a hospital since you have 2 within 10 minutes of the area, but some sort of a medical complex.

The whole area can handle 350,000 residential and office workers easy. Sq One mall would become 1/6 the current foot print with up to 500 stores with development on top of it.
What is CCTT?

Back