Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The jib crane is setup to take the crane down. Skyline coming bear with the lack of cranes these days.
9137734685_7b36800571_b.jpg

9139961662_2fdf05c3e9_b.jpg

The jib crane is setup to take the crane down. Skyline coming bear with the lack of cranes these days.

If one drives a loop; first along the Gardiner eastbound from downtown to the DVP north, switching onto the 401 west and travelling all the way to the southbound 427, then take the QEW east and travel back along the Gardiner eastbound to the core, there are nearly 100 full-size anchored construction cranes visible on the Toronto skyline. Less that there may have been one year ago, but still boomin'!

Front page story about the public art which will stand in the park out front.

This building tries so hard to look like a uniform glass building but it's not fooling anyone. Between the changes in window size and shape along its height (especially towards the top), the extensive use of spandrel, and the mismatched colours (balcony glass and spandrel on the tower), this thing has turned out to be a dog, IMO.

I'm reserving my final judgement until after the blinds have been installed. The spandrel is a pastel enough colour that if the right blinds are put it it may end up blending together better.

I'm reserving my final judgement until after the blinds have been installed. The spandrel is a pastel enough colour that if the right blinds are put it it may end up blending together better.

I hope you're right, but I don't think it can be improved by much. This thing would be fine stashed away further north but its front and centre, prominent failure is extra irksome.

Back