Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

Great news indeed. We have to expect things to move slower for bigger projects especially.
It's also nice to get information from a reputable source!

300 Front Street West - 49 floors 156m height

Tridel is proceeding with 49 floors at 156m in height for 300 Front Street West.

Last edited:
And it will look something like this...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

All images c/o: MBA Models

I would hope that Urbandreamer's comment was meant ironically / sarcastically, as a counterpoint to 1BE.

Tridelwebmaster, thank you for providing solid information. It may reduce the amount of sheer rumour / product of some over-vivid imaginations, that we see in a few of the other threads.

I remember the first weekend of sales for this building, down at the Convention Centre. I don't usually attend such events but I happened to be nearby and stuck my head in. There were evidently a lot of people there intending to buy, not just gawk. The project got off to a pretty good start, and appears to be doing well in spite of the topsy-turvey market in the meantime.

I like the project (location, location ... ) in spite of being a bit crowded by its neighbour.

This project interests me. What I like about it is the fact that it gives back to the city a public space that I think will be successful. It looks sophisticated and classy, but with an edge. The paving details look great, and they are reflected in the window design of the low-rise.

It is unfortunate that the tower may not look as interesting. What will make or break it is the materials; I really look forward to seeing this one go up!

300 Front Street West- Height matters

I would hope that Urbandreamer's comment was meant ironically / sarcastically, as a counterpoint to 1BE.

I know what he was referring to I just wasn't sure if everyone else was in on the joke (emoticon required " ;)"). Also, our application was for more height which some realtors promoted heavily prior to the launch at the MTCC. This may still be causing some confusion as I have seen some describing 300 Front as a 58 storey tower.

I know what he was referring to I just wasn't sure if everyone else was in on the joke (emoticon required " ;)"). Also, our application was for more height which some realtors promoted heavily prior to the launch at the MTCC. This may still be causing some confusion as I have seen some describing 300 Front as a 58 storey tower.

Thanks for the info TWM. Is there an application to increase the height to 58 stories or is it set at 49?

Actually, I am speculating that due to the coming oversupply of condos in the downtown market, Tridel will have trouble selling the remaining (overpriced) units. Since they are well funded, I'd imagine Tridel could still make a buck or three at 40 floors here. Better to build something than cancel outright, eh?

The building needs colour! Too much white going on.... White can look nice of course, but in grimy downtown Toronto, it ages badly. How about magenta or grass green panels?

Actually, I am speculating that due to the coming oversupply of condos in the downtown market, Tridel will have trouble selling the remaining (overpriced) units. Since they are well funded, I'd imagine Tridel could still make a buck or three at 40 floors here. Better to build something than cancel outright, eh?

I see you are in a rumour mode recently UD ... good old doom + gloom :rolleyes:

The building needs colour! Too much white going on.... White can look nice of course, but in grimy downtown Toronto, it ages badly. How about magenta or grass green panels?

are you serious about these colours :eek:

Back