Toronto 300 Front Street West | 156.05m | 49s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

The orientation seems weird. Now all of the west facing units have the prospect of a new building being built in front of their windows

Oh, and a reminder:

300Front_Rafael-Bigauskas_1.jpg

I like the deco touch on the roof.

Actually, the orientation of the original proposal would've been much better. Now if a building is built on the site to the west, it will directly abut 300 Front, whereas the previous proposal had the primary structure to the east side of the site, with the park acting as a buffer between any potential neighbours. Regardless though, the west facing suckers have bought their units, and we're treated to Tridel's first truly attractive condo.

Actually, the orientation of the original proposal would've been much better. Now if a building is built on the site to the west, it will directly abut 300 Front, whereas the previous proposal had the primary structure to the east side of the site, with the park acting as a buffer between any potential neighbours. Regardless though, the west facing suckers have bought their units, and we're treated to Tridel's first truly attractive condo.

I'll wait till it's built first.

Agreed.

I don't see how this will be much different than any of the other spandrel-coated messes Tridel tosses up around our fair burg. Those two nasty ol' lines of the stuff running the full length of the south-elevation of tower in the rendering posted above are but the first indications of this. I think though, that we would err in blaming Rudy as he was able to clad similarly-sized sections of Lumere without resorting to such cheap tactics.

I'm by no means a fan of spandrel glass, but one band of it on an otherwise solid design hardly justifies condeming the entire project.

Yeah, the glass/spandrels will really make or break the finished product. Hopefully we won't end up with a 49 storey spandrel monstrosity sitting in such a prominent location. We shall see.

Well the model doesn't lie about the use of spandrel glass... I'm still excited for this tower though. It could look great and its proportions/massing are awesome.

3377010917_3c4ac3d15b_o.jpg

Source: Andrew3JMD

will this tower actually be clear/white looking with white spandrel? i've always been confused with the renders on how white the tower looks. i think the colours are unique for this area.

Back