Toronto 3 Swift Drive | 118.05m | 35s | Republic | Arcadis

Correct.

There's more coming to this stretch. It won't look so out of place once a few more of the apps go in.

To your knowledge, will any of the other apps be likely to feature grocery or other significant retail?

It would be nice to see that addressed in at least one; perhaps right at the Bermondsey/Sloane intersection.

If anyone wants an easy way to know which buildings are likely to be redeveloped in the future, just map out all the rentals in the area.

If anyone wants an easy way to know which buildings are likely to be redeveloped in the future, just map out all the rentals in the area.

If you mean residential rental, that would cover the north side only.

The southside is all employment/commercial and ancillary (gas station etc.)

I don't know, but I imagine there will be a move on the south side.

To your knowledge, will any of the other apps be likely to feature grocery or other significant retail?

It would be nice to see that addressed in at least one; perhaps right at the Bermondsey/Sloane intersection.
None of the ones I'm aware of, no. With rental replacement and a Councillor who's very touchy about heights, it would be tough to slide that use into a podium with all the other requirements. There is major retail moving west from Victoria Park so it's not entirely a desert, but it's not going to be flush around here either.

There's more coming to this stretch. It won't look so out of place once a few more of the apps go in.
Excellent, with the Crosstown coming in there is no reason for this area to not become another higher-density node.

None of the ones I'm aware of, no. With rental replacement and a Councillor who's very touchy about heights, it would be tough to slide that use into a podium with all the other requirements. There is major retail moving west from Victoria Park so it's not entirely a desert, but it's not going to be flush around here either.

And an excellent example of anti-development councilors being their own worst enemies. If it wasn't necessary to put residential units in the podium level to make the development finances work, there would be room for negotiation for more second-floor commercial or institutional space.

Several soil sample barrels present on the front lawn along Eglinton:

20220517_141033.jpg
20220517_141050.jpg

New stats are updated in the database. The unit count changed from 824 units to 857 units. The storey count changed from 39 & 28 storey to 35 & 31 storey. Finally, the total parking space was reduced from 371 parking to 340 parking.

stats are taken from the architectural plan via rezoning.

DevApp:

New stats are updated in the database. The unit count changed from 824 units to 857 units. The storey count changed from 39 & 28 storey to 35 & 31 storey. Finally, the total parking space was reduced from 371 parking to 340 parking.

stats are taken from the architectural plan via rezoning.

DevApp:

From the Cover Letter:

1696454443817.png

1696454474920.png

Revised Site Plan:

1696454571801.png

No new renders.

I'll save my only comment here for the parkland. While I get a desire to get more parkspace as opposed to cash-in-lieu, I don't think this was the way to achieve it. Just like minimum unit sizes are needed, so are minimum park sizes so we stop doing this, sigh.

A space that's only 4x my apartment is not reasonable for a park. I don't expect Republic to deliver anything larger on-site, which is why the City needs to be proactive in mapping out where existing parks can and should be made larger, and or, where new parks of size, financed both by the City and by multiple developments can achieve something useful.

I will say there are rare cases where smaller, linear parks may make sense, generally, where they facilitate access to an existing park or to transit or a road by creating a mid-block connection. In some senses, this proposal does that, but I would argue, not in a particularly useful way.

And get her to attend the sales centre opening!

Many years ago I went to the opening of the Hollywood Plaza Condos in NYCC. They had a clearly long past prime Tony Curtis (google him young ones) in attendance. Kind of funny and kind of sad.

Back