Toronto 2810 Bayview | 138.3m | 42s | Osmington Gerofsky | Wallman Architects

the-bayview-3.jpg
the-bayview-4.jpg

Osmington Gerofsky and Alterra have picked this one up with the addition of 2816 Bayview to expand the site and support higher density.

Conceptual massing for a tower was produced by Kirkor, but we can expect an entirely new consultant team here:
1710364143243.png

I'm really curious how OGDC is going to achieve the 20m stepback requirement to the neighbourhoods to the east with their tower. The homes have a depth of 33m, which is not enough.

Agree w/ @ProjectEnd - 2818 bayview doesn't work well alone for tower. It has the depth for it, but not the width to hit the 12.5m stepbacks to north and south. It would need assembly w/ 2816

I'm really curious how OGDC is going to achieve the 20m stepback requirement to the neighbourhoods to the east with their tower. The homes have a depth of 33m, which is not enough.

Agree w/ @ProjectEnd - 2818 bayview doesn't work well alone for tower. It has the depth for it, but not the width to hit the 12.5m stepbacks to north and south. It would need assembly w/ 2816

Osmington Gerofsky and Alterra have picked this one up with the addition of 2816 Bayview to expand the site and support higher density.

2816 doesn't add depth to the site, just width. So you can hit your 12.5m to the N and S very comfortably now, but it still doesn't solve the 20m stepback req to the neighbourhoods.

Unless these guys are doing a 10m wide tower with 20m stepbacks to the back and 3m to the front, or seeking reprieve from the city on the 20m req, or the homes to the east have been redesignated between Jan 2024 and today... I'm very curious to see how they pull it off.

And I don't think the city is ready to bend on the 20m stepback to neighbourhoods req yet given a number of recent tower approvals in midtown are hinging on it. And interestingly enough, I understand the 20m stepback as being a guideline in the tall buildings manual and not policy

1711557610917.png

This one has returned.......with a much, much higher density ask, as foretold by UT soothsayer @Paclo. We're now as 42s! Architect is now Wallman.

@1Ć0, and @ProjectEnd will doubtless have interesting thoughts to offer, and one must always summon @sunnyraytoronto for such things w/in his dominion.

@HousingNowTO this is high density, residential right next to the subway, go get'em!

First, the new Application:

Then the list of properties:

1722586708880.png

Now the Renders:

1722586778071.png

1722586867500.png

1722586907245.png

1722586931652.png

Site Plan:

1722587000281.png

Ground Floor Plan:

1722587060281.png

Site Stats:

1722587141303.png

Project Description:

1722587183759.png

1722587203972.png

1722587228584.png

Parking Ratio: 539 units, 129 resident spaces - 0.24 spaces per unit

Elevator Ratio: 539 units - 4 elevators - 0.74 elevators per 100 units or one elevator per 134.75 units

No comments - for now.......... I await those from others tagged above.

To understand how this 2810 Bayview site went from Dormer Homes recent OMB/OLT approved 7-storey 2.89FSI with 67 Units,... to Osmington's proposal of 42-storey 12.98FSI with 539 units,... you have to understand what happened to the north at 461 Sheppard East.

RE: 461 Sheppard East (site to north; ESSO gas station site at southwest corner of Sheppard & Bayview) - I would have betted big that site be limited to about 10-storey due to 45 degree angular plane rule to protect the Single Residential Houses to SouthWest of site.

But Developer got approved for their 44-storey 13.07FSI with 513 Unit,... at the City level - didn't even have to go OMB/OLT! WTF!

So what happened to the 45 degree angular plane rule that's supposed to protect the adjacent Single Residential House Neighbourhoods,... that rule has never been violated before! Well,... at a recent Sheppard Renew Community Consultation - review of the area's Secondary Plan along Sheppard (after 461 Sheppard was approved),.. CityStaff reveal they'll rezone the adjacent Single Residential House neighbourhood SouthWest of Sheppard & Bayview to something else,.. might be Parkland or Retail (good luck making Retail work here) - they don't know yet,.... but it won't be Single Residential Houses! 45 angular plane rule don't apply to Retail,... but useful to protect Park! But don't worry,... it won't happen now, it'll be like 30 years or so from now,... so CityStaff are changing zoning on the fly,... in the meantime, land vultures are knocking on doors trying to land assemble these Single Residential Houses,...

1722600639878.png

So that's how this 2810 Bayview site went from Dormer Homes recent OMB/OLT approved 7-storey 2.89FSI with 67 Units,... to Osmington's proposal of 42-storey 12.98FSI with 539 units,... which will now be approved,....

... CityStaff are changing zoning on the fly,... in the meantime, land vultures are knocking on doors trying to land assemble these Single Residential Houses,...

So that's 2810 Bayview site went from Dormer Homes recent OMB/OLT approved 7-storey 2.89FSI with 67 Units,... to Osmington's proposal of 42-storey 12.98FSI with 539 units,... which will now be approved,....
Single Residential Houses inside PMTSAs should be assembled, in the core - and in the suburbs.

The Angular-Plane was a mistake, that is now (finally) being corrected.

It's just unfortunate that there's no GREEN-P lots at Bayview to surplus for City-initiated redevelopment, and the nearest HOUSING NOW site is over at Esther Shiner works yard near Oriole station.

1722616144956.png

Single Residential Houses inside PMTSAs should be assembled, in the core - and in the suburbs.

You do have a propensity for creating bears to poke sometimes, LOL

@sunnyraytoronto can speak for himself, but I don't think what he wrote took a hard position on the removing or not removing the SFH.

Rather it struck me that he felt any discussion about wholesale rezoning of an area ought to be had in the open. Clearly, some have inside knowledge of the impending change, and that is an unfair advantage in the market with literally hundreds of millions of dollars at stake.

I think the ultimate rezoning here was foreseeable, and I frankly expect it to encompass the entire area from Yonge to Bayview and the 401 to the north side of Sheppard.

I also think that's a fine idea, if we add Willowdale Station back to the Sheppard line to support that density and IF we put in place the various community/support services, parkland, schools etc to support that, as well as a new crossing of the 401 somewhere (not an interchange).

That, of course, will cost a bundle, and we need to look at timing and pros and cons vs other areas of the City with other cost profiles for the change.

The Angular-Plane was a mistake, that is now (finally) being corrected.

The idea behind the angular plane was fine; the execution of it and the rigidity of it were not.

Last edited:

Back