1610917399948.png

1610917498733.png

1610917587950.png

1610917694061.png

Related to this, work permitted next door:

1641657141049.png

Also related:

1641657241657.png

Key permits for the new build don't appear to be in place yet (Building/Shoring)

Didn't notice anything worth photo'ing at this site on my walk today.......but the building next door............ummmm

1641771257106.png

That does not leave one with the greatest of confidence as to the safety of some signage............

So there are now finally 2 buildings getting built in the Davisville area - for the longest time the area felt like it was full of proposals but had no construction at all.

Hmmmm

1682120698184.png

There is one Demo permit issued, but it only covers 7 townhomes.

Reactions: PMT
Pretty sure this one should be updated to under construction. I can grab a picture next time I walk by but there's a pile driver on site. Looks like shoring work has begun.

Pretty sure this one should be updated to under construction. I can grab a picture next time I walk by but there's a pile driver on site. Looks like shoring work has begun.

Hmmm, neither the shoring, nor the foundation permits are issued yet.

They look close (most of the stuff is signed off)....

But we've seen builders jump the gun lately..............

A picture would be great, also see if you can see a permit on site (always possible the website hasn't been updated yet to reflect an issued permit)

Hmmm, neither the shoring, nor the foundation permits are issued yet.

Looks like they got a shoring permit some time ago.

Application:
Conditional Permit

Inspection

TORONTO ON M4S 1C9
Ward 12: Toronto-St. Paul's

Application#:
21 111211 SHO 00 CP

Issued Date:
Sep 28, 2022

Project:
Apartment Building

Work:
Partial Permit - Shoring

Description:
Conditional Permit - Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 27-storey rental residential tower containing 233 rental units and 2 storey below grade parking garage containing 135 parking spaces. The existing 26-storey residential building, containing 202 rental units, will be maintained on the easterly portion of the subject site. Existing Townhouses ( 7 Unit, 2 storey + basement ) to be demolished, North parking wall to be retained and used as part of shoring system

Looks like they got a shoring permit some time ago.

Application:
Conditional Permit

Inspection

TORONTO ON M4S 1C9
Ward 12: Toronto-St. Paul's

Application#:
21 111211 SHO 00 CP

Issued Date:
Sep 28, 2022

Project:
Apartment Building

Work:
Partial Permit - Shoring

Description:
Conditional Permit - Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 27-storey rental residential tower containing 233 rental units and 2 storey below grade parking garage containing 135 parking spaces. The existing 26-storey residential building, containing 202 rental units, will be maintained on the easterly portion of the subject site. Existing Townhouses ( 7 Unit, 2 storey + basement ) to be demolished, North parking wall to be retained and used as part of shoring system

That permit is closed, it was for preparatory work in advance of construction, but it's already been inspected.

Maybe they're still working off of that one? (it was a conditional, part, permit)

At any rate, next permit up is FND (foundation)

1691866981588.png

Attachments

• 1691866815720.png
    1691866815720.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: PMT
That permit is closed, it was for preparatory work in advance of construction, but it's already been inspected.

Maybe they're still working off of that one? (it was a conditional, part, permit)

I think they must be. Inspected doesn't mean closed, it means you keep working and getting inspected until you finish the work permitted. Usually that cycle is for fixing issues the inspector kicks back but perhaps in this case the inspector/city may have agreed that additional work may be completed under that permit.

The description mentions the north wall but doesn't limit work to only the north wall.

Back