Toronto 252 Church | 166.1m | 52s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

IMG_8743.jpeg
IMG_8741.jpeg
IMG_8744.jpeg

Two thumbs up. Proof that one doesn't need to spend a fortune to make a building look great. And what a blessing to have all that schlock removed from the corner heritage building.

^^^^

I think the lot of you are all being too kind.

Yes, the quality of the cladding is above average, and we have a spandrel-minimizing design, those things are to be applauded.

But this business of offsetting the window/cladding positions every couple of floors looks so, so wrong to me. I can't forgive that.

I think if it did the offset thing once every four or five floors it would actually work. This way, it's needlessly busy. But I do like the cladding nonetheless.

Admittedly, it does offer a bit of a distraction from the Anti-Social. And for what that is worth.

It's window wall and aluminum sandwich panels or stucco panels. I don't find it too offensive for what it is. It'll look better with the tower fully clad and the hoist removed but before the Juliet balconies are installed.

Fortunate the overhang isn't red. Someone then may confuse it for a McD's drive thru.

Back