Toronto 25 St Mary | 204m | 59s | Tenblock | gh3

I have compassion. But Is this ”The Housing Now” City of Toronto account that keeps supporting & tagging right leaning “2-faced”
integrity-less, politically deceitful mayoral candidate .. Brad Bradford? Right.
NOT a City of Toronto account. Our volunteers will be taking ALL of the leading mayoral candidates out on Affordable Housing tours during this election period, especially the ones who are already sitting City Councillors - and have active new Affordable Housing projects under planning review in their wards...

NOT a City of Toronto account. Our volunteers will be taking ALL of the leading mayoral candidates out on Affordable Housing tours during this election period, especially the ones who are already sitting City Councillors - and have active new Affordable Housing projects under planning review in their wards...

I get it. I saw one Josh Matlow twitter post, who’s smart with a great progressive platform. And other housing advocates you’ve highlighted. Maybe it was the ..8 or 9 Bradford posts you posted on your twitter acc in the last 24 hrs, that got me perplexed. His agenda as mayoral candidate is just so flawed & wrong.

I get it. I saw one Josh Matlow twitter post, who’s smart with a great progressive platform. And other housing advocates you’ve highlighted. Maybe it was the ..8 or 9 Bradford posts you posted on your twitter acc in the last 24 hrs, that got me perplexed. His agenda as mayoral candidate is just so flawed & wrong.
That may be true, but it's only because the HNTO team led Bradford around first. HNTO advocacy has always been about housing, not political allegiance. It's one of the reasons Mark, who is a dedicated and passionate housing champion, garners a core legitimacy for the cause.

The purpose of a non partisan advocacy organization such as HNTO is to do exactly what they are doing and meeting with candidates from all political stripes and background to advocate, inform and educate them on the core issues that advocacy organization is seeking to implement/advance in public policy.

Regardless of what @Skyhighzz or any other UT members thinks of a particular candidate's politics - Mark and HNTO are doing fantastic work advancing their issues through non-partisan advocacy. Brad Bradford happened to be the candidate that HNTO met with and did a tour with yesterday - so of course there is going to be a bunch of social media posts about that

Rosie DiManno also has a column about this project today in the Star. I sympathize with the people who have been living in the existing tower for decades, but what Tenblock has agreed to is very generous. I'm a tenant myself, and all tenants have to realize that their security of tenure cannot be absolute.

Chloe Brown campaign has asked us to issue a PUBLIC invitation to join her tour this weekend -

No one seems to be talking about the wastefulness of this renoviction. Tons and Tons of concrete will have to be removed and dumped somewhere? Tons and tons of drywall, glass, metals and plastics won't be reusable. The noise and dust of demolition and trucking will be relentless for the surrounding neighbours. The production of cement that goes into concrete is an environmental problem on a world scale and tons and tons of new concrete will have to be mixed for reconstruction. From Wikipedia, (The cement industry is one of the two largest producers of carbon dioxide (CO2), creating up to 5% of worldwide man-made emissions of this gas, of which 50% is from the chemical process and 40% from burning fuel. Concrete dust released by building demolition and natural disasters can be a major source of dangerous air pollution. The presence of some substances in concrete, including useful and unwanted additives, can cause health concerns due to toxicity and (usually naturally occurring) radioactivity)

IMG_8920.JPG

Back