Toronto 2425 Eglinton East | 124.69m | 35s | 1303035 Ontario Ltd | Icon

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
New to the AIC is this application for a tower replacing an existing lowrise office building next to Kennedy Station at the s/e corner of Eglinton and Kennedy.

Site as is:

1665209797237.png

Application:

1665209862566.png

From the Docs:

1665210010437.png

1665210052506.png

1665210083336.png

1665210267569.png

1665210443829.png

The Block Context Plan below is NOT a proposal by this or any other developer but a conceptual vision of how future development may unfold; but in this case, I found that sufficiently interesting to merit it being shared:

1665210814965.png

Hopefully we see much more density around this very important station. It's kind of wild that way more density is being proposed along the above ground LRT versus a station with Line 2, Line 5, GO and possibly even VIA service in the future. Some of the yellow belt around this station needs to go.

Last edited:
Always glad to see another worn out suburban plaza bite the dust.

Handsome tower, but the podium could use a warmer palette.

Next step is upzoning everything within a 10 minute walk of the station to 15s as of right.

It's kind of wild that way more density is being proposed along the above ground LRT
Big box retail parcels are the lowest hanging fruit for redevelopment. Yes, there are also plazas here, but backing onto SFHs makes things more difficult.

But you're right. A lot of transit service at Kennedy Station will be wasted/underused if the area retains the lower density lots.

Last edited:
With this being located beside an interchange of Line 2, Line 5, and GO Stouffville, yes, it makes perfect sense for lots of intensification here. I agree with @Undead that the ground realm needs to be a lot warmer: let's replace all the aluminum framing of the window bays with brick at least around the four-storey section of the podium, if not higher as well.

The Block Context Plan below is NOT a proposal by this or any other developer but a conceptual vision of how future development may unfold; but in this case
2425_Eglinton Avenue East_LONG_TERM_MASSING.PNG

Added in the outline of the nearby HOUSING NOW site into the "future state" - which will be somewhere in the 40-storey range.

Couldn't they make the building red and leave the undersides grey instead?

I’d love to see the south parking lot at Kennedy turned into multiple towers. Even if it means having towers on top of a parking podium to keep the GreenP parking spots moving forward.

I’d love to see the south parking lot at Kennedy turned into multiple towers. Even if it means having towers on top of a parking podium to keep the GreenP parking spots moving forward.
Yeah, that's clearly on the future roadmap for that south parking lot at Kennedy...but it will be a post Subway Extension project.

Back