Toronto 2323 Yonge | 133.6m | 37s | RioCan | DIALOG

This is embarrassing for the the architect, the developer, and city planning whose policies put us in this situation. redo, start over, this is dumb. Ugh.
The developer is certainly proud, they have no shame in this. Did you see what they did on the opposite side of the street to Yonge-Eglinton Centre, and what their full plans were for it? I'll admit the interior of said centre is nice, but the exterior is a complete disaster, which may or may not be the case with this as well.

That would be cute if it wasn't so obviously disingenuous of them to "leave" that corner in there like that. /sigh

It reminds me of the lonely Old City Hall clock tower in one of the earlier Eatons Centre proposals.

Last edited:
Final Report, Approval Recommended, to the next meeting of TEYCC:

Note: Height reduction to 34s, @interchange42

Revision List:

1655518368795.png

S.37 benefits:

1655518309503.png

I'm never been this pissed on any development. This was where I would hang out always growing up. If the architecture was remotely interesting I wouldn't be having this reaction. Not even an homage to the heritage building I can't believe it.

I'm never been this pissed on any development. This was where I would hang out always growing up. If the architecture was remotely interesting I wouldn't be having this reaction. Not even an homage to the heritage building I can't believe it.
There is an homage, but it's totally insulting: they're proposing to keep a narrow band of old windows along the north edge of the podium. Take a look at the renderings in the database file again!

Back