Toronto 2256 Lake Shore West | 119.15m | 35s | 2589727 Ontario Ltd | Core Architects

On that site? Two towers might fit, three would be a serious squeeze...

Zoned institutional/commercial as far as I can tell, via the Etobicoke bylaw. Someone at the Self Storage business told me they were told the business would continue to operate as is for the next 2-3 years.
_DSC2235.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC2235.jpg
    _DSC2235.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 1,353
  • b10.pdf
    433 KB · Views: 522
If there are multiple towers, I hope the front one is well set back from Lake Shore Blvd, for purely selfish reasons. Here is the site, shot from a different angle. Between Randy Barba and me, we should have this one covered as it goes up!
1CAB9643-1C75-4332-88E8-B774DACDE9D5.jpeg

Attachments

• 1CAB9643-1C75-4332-88E8-B774DACDE9D5.jpeg
    1CAB9643-1C75-4332-88E8-B774DACDE9D5.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 1,231
Last edited:
My goodness the growth just wont end in this neighborhood will it? Obviously we're in speculation mode at this time but honestly there's only so much this area can handle. Townhomes or a couple of mid-rises would be a good addition to this area because it already littered with high-rise condos everywhere.

There was a report earlier that talked about the missing middle in Toronto in terms development (ie: We only build condos or single/semi-detached housing and nothign in the middle) and this area illustrates the definition of that.

Missing middle is real, and I fully agree that if this site goes residential it would be ideally suited for that type of housing. Another high-rise condo tower would be nuts given everything happening between Humber Bay Shores, Mimico, and Mystic Pointe.

Missing middle is real, and I fully agree that if this site goes residential it would be ideally suited for that type of housing. Another high-rise condo tower would be nuts given everything happening between Humber Bay Shores, Mimico, and Mystic Pointe.
I think otherwise. High-rise condo is clearly the precedent for this site's surrounding area, and that is what we are going to get.

Much as I might like to see townhouses on the site, my early guess is that Automation Gallery is correct in thinking that the cost of the land means that towers will be proposed for the site. I would also guess that planning would want a taper towards the single family housing and low rise apartments of old Mimico. The towers on the Beyond the Sea site on the Legion Rd side are, I think, 37 and 27 storeys with distinctive triangular crownsadding to the height. Perhaps two towers of 32 and 16 storeys or something in that range might fit. It would match what seems to be more recent planning decisions in the area.

Re the streetcar tracks: the rails already extend far beyond Burlington St. They are not a right of way as in, say, St. Clair, however.

Much as I might like to see townhouses on the site, my early guess is that Automation Gallery is correct in thinking that the cost of the land means that towers will be proposed for the site. I would also guess that planning would want a taper towards the single family housing and low rise apartments of old Mimico. The towers on the Beyond the Sea site on the Legion Rd side are, I think, 37 and 27 storeys with distinctive triangular crownsadding to the height. Perhaps two towers of 32 and 16 storeys or something in that range might fit. It would match what seems to be more recent planning decisions in the area.

Re the streetcar tracks: the rails already extend far beyond Burlington St. They are not a right of way as in, say, St. Clair, however.
I agree that towers will go here, but how high.

Under the Waterfront Transit Reset Study that will be going to Council in Dec, it is calling for an ROW like Queens Quay from Humber River to Exchange on the Lake Shore. Taking it an extra block or 2 is no problem at this time.

To find the hight that needs to cover the cost of the land, one should look at about $200 per sq ft or about 150,000 sq ft. Using 600 sq ft per unit you need 250 units. Then there is the cost to build it as well a profit.

Back