Toronto 22 Condominiums | ?m | 23s | Lanterra | architectsAlliance

I think that was an attempt at sarcasm. Likely the comment was meant to showcase that noone would want to buy a unit that looks onto a Subway Station entrance.

The offending concrete. Let's see if they think this is "finished"...

DSCN0328.jpg

And that other issue... unpainted concrete on balconies...

DSCN0327.jpg

DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0324.jpg

Wonder if this is just from one gang or competeing gangs...

DSCN0323.jpg

Actually, quite a nice addition to Wellesley...

DSCN0322.jpg

I hope the city has them on the hook to fix up the side-walk in front all the way to the street.

Balconies are on the south, west and north sides. There are none on the east side as the building is only feet from the property line. There is also a proposed 40-something boutique hotel/condo on the other side of the property line of 22 Wellesley. I think fire regulations would prohibit open balconies from being so close to another building (plus, who'd want that!). I know that windows can't have openings if they are mere feet from a property line.

If ttc would sell air rights to that parking garage (i assume they own it) for a 40 story condo maybe the dupont bus could stay in service? I could see the edilcan (the met) put something here similar to the met.

But as long as the social services office (welfare) is just down the street at church and wellesley the neighbourhood will be gritty.

Anyone have any photos of (or live in Waterparkcity)?

As Lanterra is responsible for both 22 and Waterparkcity - the balconies there may give a clue as to what 22 may look like when complete.

If ttc would sell air rights to that parking garage (i assume they own it) for a 40 story condo maybe the dupont bus could stay in service? I could see the edilcan (the met) put something here similar to the met.

But as long as the social services office (welfare) is just down the street at church and wellesley the neighbourhood will be gritty.

Didn't the TTC sell air rights about a hundred years ago and that resulted in the Continental Apartments and parking garage accessed off of Dundonald St.?

Good news! The other deficiencies may require more patience on our part.

Give it time.
I dont think anyone has even moved into this building yet... if they have, it was recent. There is still a lot of finishes to complete on the building. Just because the hording is down doesnt mean that the entire building is complete and will remain as is. It takes up to a year after move-in for most condos to be completely finished.

Back