Toronto 219 Roxton | 43.2m | 12s | Land Services Group | Hyphen Studio

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

No solid movements yet, but the long derelict house at the SE corner of Roxton & College is finally showing signs of life. Remax signage out front indicate apartment and commercial leasing are available, hopefully in the near future.

20200903_181432.jpg

Anyone know the story behind this building?
Six teenagers decide to have a party in it one October night. They're huddled in the old living room on half-derelict chairs and a couch positioned 'round a coffee table piled high with beer cans, cheap vodka, schnapps(?!), and a couple of crinkled baggies, the contents of which look a little like candy from a distance. Suddenly, there's a thundering crash from upstairs. Startled beyond measure, everyone looks up, their eyes straining to the ceiling and lips pursed, mouths suddenly silent, wondering if all hell might fall upon them from above. It's silent though, other than for the faint wail of a distant siren. The sound of the siren fades out and the house spirits seem to settle along with it… when the unmistakable sound of a creaking door sends the group into clenched panic again. "Someone's upstairs!" Kaitlyn wimpers. ""Ssshhh. Ssshhh!!!" "Shut up!" Dellan whispers insistently. All six hold their breath. Tony and Tia grasp hands tightly. Gillian fixes her eyes on Trey. "Someone has to see what that is." Trey stares her down impassively. "I'm. Staying. Right. Here." None of the six can move a muscle, only their eyes seeking out any reassurance from their equally immobilized friends. Tony's flashlight, pointed at the ceiling, has been slowly dimming throughout the party. It flickers once and goes out. He drops his grip of Tia's hand and lunges for the flashlight, knocking the coffee table over, sending everything flying and crashing to the floor creating a calamitous racket. Everyone screams, there's no way to pretend they're not in the house now, they run to a corner and peer into the dark. "Dellan, go see what it is!" "We should all stick together Kaitlyn!" "Dellan, go see!" "I - I'll go" offers Tony, like he's never seen a horror film before.

And they never see Tony again.

Stick around for Part II where a pair of ravens fly into an upstairs window because there's no frit pattern enamelled onto it.

More importantly, if where to walk up and blow on it hard enough, would it fall over?

An application was submitted in 2020 for a mixed-use building with a commercial unit at grade, and 3 residential units above.

However, it appears to be possibly held up by complaints from neighbouring residents.

Once again, when the missing middle remains missing...

This is an exclusive mid-rise, mixed-use residential development and investment opportunity at the intersection of College Street and Roxton Road in downtown Toronto.

The 3,100 sq. ft. parcel of land is ready for redevelopment into a six-storey condominium with retail space at ground level. With numerous restaurants, retailers, services, and public transportation within walking distance, the property occupies a trendy and high-demand area with competitive condominium sales.

rox.JPG
rox2.JPG
rox3.JPG

View attachment 387403View attachment 387404View attachment 387405
I just drove by there today with my 90 year old mother who wanted to show her caregiver where she used to live in 1964. my parents rented the home there ( see my photo ) for 200.00 per month. her brother lived next door with his wife and child and rented to 18 men , all sharing rooms. they would line up for their turn to use the kitchen to cook dinner. each night, my parents and her brothers family would go to their respective windows, and shout their "goodnights" to each other . so sad to see this building in such a state :(

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.39.53 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.39.53 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 9.39.53 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 79

Back