Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

Demolition work has started, with work taking place on dismantling the interior. They have started fencing the entire site around and GFL trailers and be seen in some of the truck loading bays.

I was passing by the site quickly so I had no time to take a photo, but next time i'm around i'll try and snap some.

Demolition work has started, with work taking place on dismantling the interior. They have started fencing the entire site around and GFL trailers and be seen in some of the truck loading bays.

I was passing by the site quickly so I had no time to take a photo, but next time i'm around i'll try and snap some.
Cheaper to Demo now since it will save them money in the long run. They will only have to pay a lower tax bill on empty land compare to what there now tax bill. Since there will be no buildings on the land after demo, no need for insurance on the building as well.

Sept 12
37188031781_0178cd225f_b.jpg

37188024951_552583d17a_b.jpg

36517899913_fc141acd46_b.jpg

36517909333_cc21ceab59_b.jpg

Not sure if this has already been posted here but last night at the Waterfront Transit meeting, staff floated the idea of having a transit hub with an integrated GO Station and streetcar loop as part of the Christie's Bakery redevelopment.

They aren't tearing down a factory to build a warehouse "fulfillment centre" for Amazon.

Not sure if this has already been posted here but last night at the Waterfront Transit meeting, staff floated the idea of having a transit hub with an integrated GO Station and streetcar loop as part of the Christie's Bakery redevelopment.
But dont worry, they dont plan on looking into this transit hub once all of the development in the area (including the Kraft lands) has been completed. So essentially, the status quo will be in effect until ~2030.

Drum you beat me to the punch great photos! I had no idea the BMO branch was a part of the development as well. I guess you learn something new everyday.

But dont worry, they dont plan on looking into this transit hub once all of the development in the area (including the Kraft lands) has been completed. So essentially, the status quo will be in effect until ~2030.

Drum you beat me to the punch great photos! I had no idea the BMO branch was a part of the development as well. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Yes the BMO will be part of the whole complete and it make sense that should be. No need to close it now as it bring in funds and can be close down the road after a new one is built.

There is on going talk between the City and the developer to move the Humber Loop to Park Lawn as well getting Metrolinx build an station. Metrolinx is being short sighted not having a station there regardless one at Mimico I don't buy Metrolinx reason for not having a station there. There is an on going Transportation study for this area and not part of the Waterfront Transit Reset Study. Some of the south side for Lake Shore will be require for the building of the transit ROW from Legion Rd to Humber Loop. 2030 sound about right the way the city works.

Don't expect to see a master plan for this site until early 2020's.

I didn't hear anything about GO at the meeting—was that something you were told on your own? There was no mention of a Park Lawn GO station on either the boards or in the slides. There is and was mention of a transit hub on the First Capital lands, but no specific mention of GO being part of that.

I didn't hear anything about GO at the meeting—was that something you were told on your own? There was no mention of a Park Lawn GO station on either the boards or in the slides. There is and was mention of a transit hub on the First Capital lands, but no specific mention of GO being part of that.

The reason you didn't hear anything for this site last night, it wasn't part of the Waterfront study. It has its own study which is dumb, but Metrolinx doesn't want anything to do with this site at all.

The City would like to see a hub on this site that includes GO, as well relocating the Humber loop to it. The City is willing to work with First Capital to create this hub. You may get the transit hub without GO, but time will tell.

Again, Metrolinx can't see outside the box by having 2 station near each other since the 2 stations would offer better and faster service to everyone, not a few. You could offer different type of service to them with only one station is seeing service at X time while the other see service at Y time. Its alone the line I said that should happen back in 2007 when I was asked if there should be more stations on line, which I said yes to. Not every stations needs parking or kiss & ride, when walk-in and transit is the better way to go in the first place. These stations don't need the full length platform for 12 cars.

Back