Hamilton 213 King Street West | 94.3m | 30s | Vrancor Development | ZO1

I'm referring to the one on this building, facing King St, but the Marquee building is a similar situation.

I'm doubtful the Textile building will ever be demolished and I don't see Core Urban selling it anytime soon.
yes I know, and ohh yeah I forgot about that little part on king street..

yea I really hated that feeling of "well you can''t last forever textile building" - I really hope that never happens as I love all of core urbans work.. not.. biased at all.. hahaha..

so yeah, hopefully they clad both sides, but I doubt it. But hey, can always paint a mural over it.

Last edited:
I honestly think they are planning for future demolition of the remaining textile building which would finish up this block and cover that wall.

I mean I often forget that building is even THERE- and when the next tower goes up beside it it will be hidden completely.
zero chance that ever happens.

Today, looks like the podium is pretty much completed after the next floor, and the next floor's elevator shaft is ready to be poured:
1000007387.jpg

1000007385.jpg

Definitely has Toronto vibes in that first pic if you didn't know what city you were looking at..

Definitely has Toronto vibes in that first pic if you didn't know what city you were looking at..
Like Toronto, it's awesome to see all the cranes, but I do wish there were 2 or 3 more projects ongoing. Seems we're in a holding pattern for the moment. I also think the Design District and 75 James are eating up a lot of the demand at the moment.

Hoping to see Corktown and Rebecca Condos start soon but I suspect 325 James will be next to begin.

Like Toronto, it's awesome to see all the cranes, but I do wish there were 2 or 3 more projects ongoing. Seems we're in a holding pattern for the moment. I also think the Design District and 75 James are eating up a lot of the demand at the moment.

Hoping to see Corktown and Rebecca Condos start soon but I suspect 325 James will be next to begin.
I'd like to see our stalled projects happen too.. tivoli.. connoly..

And maybe.. just maybe.. the parking lot across from the lister block - one of the sorest "wounds" on james st.

This first photo is awesome, they're not even close to being complete and they have already shifted the entire feel of this neighbourhood.
My only gripe is the view of the cool bulgy building next door will be covered up by what, in comparison to everyone else, will be a far inferior looking design.

Lest we forget they "downgraded" the design to look more "vranich"-ey:

7rklXGN.png

I'm really surprised that the city didn't force Vrancor and McMaster to work together to make sure that these two buildings integrate together properly. The way the Vrancor building sits far closer to the street than the Mac building does, just doesn't look right. The bar for design is embarrassingly low in this city sometimes. It's pretty clear that the Mac building was left out of all of the renders for this project intentionally.

I'm pretty sure it's not actually that much closer - it just looks like it because there's an overhang that the scaffolding goes out to.

I'm really surprised that the city didn't force Vrancor and McMaster to work together to make sure that these two buildings integrate together properly. The way the Vrancor building sits far closer to the street than the Mac building does, just doesn't look right. The bar for design is embarrassingly low in this city sometimes. It's pretty clear that the Mac building was left out of all of the renders for this project intentionally.
The bar was never high for vrancor.

The Marquee concrete slab is no more! Also, I believe this is the last floor of the podium, so the tower portion should begin in the next couple of weeks and work should ramp up.
View attachment 571768
Years from now when they tear this building down they will marvel at how not a single person tagged that entire giant wall of concrete - that has to be a first in all of hamilton.

Back