Clarington 211 Clarington Boulevard (Bowmanville) | ?m | 30s | Ledim

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
211 Clarington Boulevard: a proposed 30 & 30-storey mixed-use residential & commercial development by Ledim on the corner of Clarington Boulevard and Brookhill Boulevard in the Bowmanville community in Clarington.

Visuals from Ledim:
211_clarington_0.jpg

211_clarington_1.jpg

211_clarington_2.jpg

211_clarington_3.jpg

Last edited:
I''m with him ^^^

Bizarro world.

Gets better.

It's not near the proposed GO Station and its not on Highway 2, it's in a farmer's field at the northern edge of the developed area.

Aerial:

1694724535860.png

Streetview:

1694724599250.png

Even if this proposal were more professional/thought out this is not an appropriate location at all. Should get a Refusal Report.

I''m with him ^^^

Bizarro world.

Gets better.

It's not near the proposed GO Station and its not on Highway 2, it's in a farmer's field at the northern edge of the developed area.

Aerial:

View attachment 506378

Streetview:

View attachment 506379

Even if this proposal were more professional/thought out this is not an appropriate location at all. Should get a Refusal Report.

Not sure I agree re refusal, unless site servicing is insufficient. I certainly agree it is a ridiculous proposal and not one that you could pay me to live in, but if there are enough people actually willing to purchase/rent in these future ridiculous buildings, it still is density that does its bit in avoiding the need for single-family homes on nearby farmland...

Not sure I agree re refusal, unless site servicing is insufficient. I certainly agree it is a ridiculous proposal and not one that you could pay me to live in, but if there are enough people actually willing to purchase/rent in these future ridiculous buildings, it still is density that does its bit in avoiding the need for single-family homes on nearby farmland...

I understand your logic above, but I would be looking at the resulting car traffic on a relatively small street in front of a High School, and the limited potential for any ridership for either transit service in the Hwy 2 corridor or on the GO line we're set to spend a bundle on.........and still say 'no'.

Let's encourage that development adjacent to the proposed GO Stations and along the #2 corridor.

If the current farmland could not be viably retained as such, or purchased for parkland, then I think it would be more apt to look at something like 3-storey walk-ups, multiplexes etc. on a limited expansion of the current street grid.

Back