Brampton 205 Queen St E Brampton | ?m | 31s | Hazelview | Graziani + Corazza

thanks for the update drum118 ~

while it is probably too early to judge the building while it is still under construction, the first feeling I get looking at your first photo is "public housing" ... plain brick rectangular shaped tower with small windows evenly spaced apart ... not a feeling I would want if I were to take ownership in this condo ~ but let's see how the finished product will turn out ...

IMG_aug-31-09-0112.jpg

I do like these wide shallow suite designs though, just like Monarch's VIBE+ZIP in Liberty Village :)

3990999393_80fd39c6f8_b.jpg

3991010817_022cfa8f1d_b.jpg

It looks okay to me, nothing special, except it will hopefully anchor the east end of Downtown, expecially as it looks like Brampton is improving streetscaping along with the Queen Street construction mess as it readies for the BRT-lite service (Züm) coming this time next year.

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Rhythm condos on the rise in Brampton, Ontario

Exterior work is moving along on the Rhythm Condos and Lofts in Brampton, Ont. Mattamy Homes has construction of the 22-storey, 240-unit project scheduled for completion in spring 2010.

The condo will include a three-level podium, retail and underground parking

Rhythm was designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc. Consultants are: CPE Structural Consultants Ltd. (structural) and CBM Engineering Group (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Michael Bros Excavating; Rumble Contracting Ltd. (foundation); Ronco Steel Centre Ltd. (reinforcing steel); Forma-con (formwork); Marli Mechanical Contractors; and City Wide Door and Hardware.

Attachments

• Rhythm.jpg
    Rhythm.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 934
there seems to be an increasing amount of activity along Queen Street, I wonder if condos are finally coming to Brampton in a meaningful way? It would be good to see meaningful intensification occur.

there seems to be an increasing amount of activity along Queen Street, I wonder if condos are finally coming to Brampton in a meaningful way? It would be good to see meaningful intensification occur.
I would wager that this is

a) going ahead soon
b) but not as a condo.

will most likely come out of the ground as purpose built rental.

So the answer to your question is no and yes....no condos are not coming to Brampton in a meaningful way but yes meaningful intensification can occur.

More information from Brampton's Planning and Development Committee. Staff are recommending approval, noting the improvement over the original slab configuration found in the original Phase I. The increased height requires a zoning bylaw change. It is proposed as a rental, rather than a condominium, tower.

Architect is G+C.

Relevant report starts at page 45 of the PDF below:

http://www.brampton.ca/EN/City-Hall/meetings-agendas/PDD Committee 2010/20171002pdc_Agenda.pdf

rhythm.jpg

Attachments

• rhythm.jpg
    rhythm.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 2,307
I think you can expect to see tower 2 commencing in the fall......purpose built rental rules the day in Brampton!

Back