News   Jul 16, 2024
 217     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 475     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 596     2 

Toronto 2015 Pan American Games

I'm curious, I know people here have said that they have tickets to at least one sporting event, but who here has tickets to the opening ceremonies tonight? I have yet to come across anyone who knows anyone who has tickets to this "sold-out" event.

I have tickets for tonight. I've had a few people ask me how I got my tickets, as they also tried but were told they were sold out. I don't doubt at all that it is sold out as they had to use a lottery system initially due to the amount of interest when tickets first went on sale.

I have tickets for tonight. I've had a few people ask me how I got my tickets, as they also tried but were told they were sold out. I don't doubt at all that it is sold out as they had to use a lottery system initially due to the amount of interest when tickets first went on sale.

I do remember reading that they put more tickets for the sold out opening ceremonies a week or so ago, so I'm curious how many seats where available to begin with.

I do remember reading that they put more tickets for the sold out opening ceremonies a week or so ago, so I'm curious how many seats where available to begin with.
Those were just blocks of tickets that were initially reserved for media and families of athletes and officials. They are held back until organizers confirm that all of those people have been accommodated. They always reserve extra just to be on the safe side, and then re-release them to the public afterwards.

Something else just occurred to me. If the opening ceremony are going to be the most popular event, wouldn't then mean traffic would be lighter between 7pm and 10pm during the event? Since everyone will be in the Rogers Centre and supposedly at home glued to their television set, watching the opening ceremony?

Something else just occurred to me. If the opening ceremony are going to be the most popular event, wouldn't then mean traffic would be lighter between 7pm and 10pm during the event? Since everyone will be in the Rogers Centre and supposedly at home glued to their television set, watching the opening ceremony?

That is possible, though its really no different than the Jay's home opener in terms of attendance, and traffic is always a disaster during that.

That is possible, though its really no different than the Jay's home opener in terms of attendance, and traffic is always a disaster during that.

But not everyone watches the Jay's home opener, but they're selling these games as the whole population of the Toronto and the GTA will drop whatever their doing and running to the Rogers Centre or home to watch an four hour program, non-stop, and to me I find that amusing that they have this almost dream like idea that will happen. And if its true, traffic should be lighter...hopefully, during the opening event.

Currently, traffic on the Gardiner is very light and almost non existent on Lake Shore. Just walked around Union Station and the Rogers Centre. Lots of people but not huge crowds. Plenty of police presence but all rather underwhelming so far

zVdggj9.jpg

Make this permanent, please.

The whole opening ceremony was quite the spectacle, and very fun to watch. I was lucky enough to be on a patio on Front Street East around 6:30 when the convoy of police and busloads of athletes rolled by. Bus after bus of athletes waved at us while everyone on the patio and all the pedestrians cheered. Very fun start to the games!

I loved the opening ceremony tonight. It was great. Absolutely no regrets, well worth the money spent. Attendees were cheering, clapping, just having a great time. Way to go Pan Am organizers, well planned and executed.

Purchased a nice Pan Am shirt and cap at the Superstore at Nathan Phillips Square.

Now to plan to my spare time around Nathan Phillips Square Pan Am events, concerts, fireworks etc including the distillery district events.

Also, have tickets for the opening ceremony for the Parapan games at the new York University athletics stadium. Looking forward to that event.

Last edited:

Back