Toronto 2002 Lake Shore West | 122m | 36s | Marlin Spring | Graziani + Corazza

New docs posted on Feb 8, 2022:

laeks.JPG
laeks2.JPG

Some info from the Cover Letter: (note that MS and the City are still talking and further revisions are possible ahead of a target date of July for a Final Approval)

1645719183068.png

The new rendering is updated in the database! The following information is updated in the database.

The total building storey count changed from 26 and 21 storeys to 36 and 20 storeys. The total building heights changed from 88.69m and 73.76m to 65.0m and 122.0m. The total unit count changed from 607 units to 611 units. The total parking space count was reduced from 526 parking spaces to 262 parking spaces.

how is underground parking around here? I lived in NXT and there was underground parking but when i sold my unit, it was leaky as hell and they were essentially rebuilding it. the towers southeast of it all have above grade parking. I had assumed it was because of the water table around here....

^My thoughts exactly, there are definitely water table issues around the area. I didnt know about the issues at NXT, but the TTC had issues rebuilding the ROW on The Queensway exactly because of the water issues.

No doubt there will be leaks going on here; they can try and waterproof it until the sun dont shine but the issues will be apparent.

^My thoughts exactly, there are definitely water table issues around the area. I didnt know about the issues at NXT, but the TTC had issues rebuilding the ROW on The Queensway exactly because of the water issues.

No doubt there will be leaks going on here; they can try and waterproof it until the sun dont shine but the issues will be apparent.

the NXT water issues were bad. there were 4 levels of parking. i was on P2 and the walls were leaking. there were areas where water was seeping through the concrete and dripping on cars and would stain the car permanently. there were plenty of residents that couldn't use their parking spot and had to be relocated. they kept patching the membranes but couldn't keep up. i don't know the extent of the repairs and if it was related to the water table but they were essentially doing a HUGE rebuild of the entire underground when I sold my unit. I remember it being quoted at over $800K of the reserve and it took away visitor parking for over a year and required cars to shuffle around to other spots.

While I'm not exactly thrilled about the players behind this project, those bow shaped buildings will be unique for this city if built to renderings.

Site Plan Approval Filed:

1651058930216.png

* Too many docs/apps overnight tonight.............what was in the water yesterday?

And where is @ferusian who used to help (compete) w/me to put these up? LOL

At any rate, there are new Arch. Docs filed if someone wants to take a look........

What is in the water is the upcoming Toronto Green Standards deadline. Expect a lot more site plan approval applications in the next few days. Site plans not filed by May 1 will be subject to higher building construction standards which significantly increase costs.

I was going to tag you; you have all sorts of useful information when gently prompted to share it! LOL

Mixed in w/some zoning apps, I think I posted ~15 overnight.

Not sure that's a record but it’s up there.

No new renderings are added to the database! The only minor project information changes are as followed: the total unit count went from 611 units to 616 units. Finally, the total parking spaces went from 262 parking spaces to 250 parking spaces.

Back