Toronto 200 University | 188.53m | 54s | GWL | KPMB

How do they define ‘easily’? Things can be distinct without being incongruous like this.
I recall reading something in another thread recently about a proposal that had to be re-submitted to the city because the herritage additon was too similar in style to the original building. I can't remember whether the poster cited a specific city rule, but I distinctly remember someone saying that.

That being said I can't find any reference to that rule online but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

To be honest, I don't think the addition looks terrible, just a bit unremarkable. I do kind of like how it appears to hover over the existing structure though.

A few additional perspectives:

200 University 1.jpeg
200 University 2.jpeg

I recall reading something in another thread recently about a proposal that had to be re-submitted to the city because the herritage additon was too similar in style to the original building. I can't remember whether the poster cited a specific city rule, but I distinctly remember someone saying that.

That being said I can't find any reference to that rule online but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

To be honest, I don't think the addition looks terrible, just a bit unremarkable. I do kind of like how it appears to hover over the existing structure though.

Back