Toronto 20 Fleeceline Road | ?m | 17s | Kingsdale

Paclo

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is listed as a "current community" on Kingsdale's website:

At the effective date of this report, the proposed development consists of develop two 17-storey condominium towers. The condominium will consist of a total of 534 residential dwelling units, including 43 townhouse units located on the ground and second floor of the condominiums, The building will contain a total of 538,162 square feet of gross floor area (including approximately 69,007 square feet in gross floor area for the townhouses). The development will be serviced by both surface and a single level underground parking.

71ee0336f1a14c9727c12ccc347dc75.jpg

Google Street View of the site as of October 2020:
1701976846212.png

Pretty atrocious looking!
Pretty atrocious Albert? Try absolutely and utterly abysmal, a land-mined pastiche of architectural horrors, a Hilton-Honors-points-will-not-be-accepted Hotel on the Highway to Hell; there ain't no *pretty* about it! Jus' sayin'.

Pretty atrocious Albert? Try absolutely and utterly abysmal, a land-mined pastiche of architectural horrors, a Hilton-Honors-points-will-not-be-accepted Hotel on the Highway to Hell; there ain't no *pretty* about it! Jus' sayin'.

I assume the developer's just paying homage to the address and making it clear the only aim of this project is to fleece potential buyers.

This site is 20 and 22 Fleeceline as they are one property, 2 buildings.

Quite a large site:

1705353230826.png

0.75ha or about about 1.9 acres

I could imagine a temptation to accept the vegetated rear portion of the lot as a park dedication; that should be resisted. Its not high quality from what I can tell. Is also not contiguous to City Park, but to the school yard.

Instead, I would afford consideration to an off-site parkland dedication to expand this park:

1705353643448.png

The current footprint is rather less than functional. A small move here would be a couple of lots that create mid--block entrance at Albert Avenue. But other developments nearby could be directed to this site to add a critical mass of size.

Back