Toronto 2 East Mall Crescent | 112.5m | 33s | Mattamy Homes | Giannone Petricone

It's an island surrounded by four lane roads. What were you expecting?
Fair point but my understanding is that this development will be connected by pedestrian bridge to the new Cloverdale development (and is the first phase of it) which is being heavily marketed to the community as a huge retail destination and "community hub". The original plans for this included a massive community space underneath. Obviously it will not end up being everything they say it will but we should still point out where they fall short. Hopefully we won't see this much of a change to the plans when they eventually rebuild the mall.

Looks like site remediation almost complete.
Dec 29th, 2022
DJI_0665.JPG

These renderings look really nice. Will be a welcomed addition to the neighbourhood. This area of Etobicoke has so much potential to be one of the of most sought out areas in the 416. Will be interesting to see how the mall redevelopment will either compliment this new design or clash with it; time will tell.

As an aside, as it is so close to this development (there is no separate form or posting) the land that used to be occupied by Honeydale Mall, any ideas on any development there? I know that Fieldgate Commercial owns it but thats about it.

These renderings look really nice. Will be a welcomed addition to the neighbourhood. This area of Etobicoke has so much potential to be one of the of most sought out areas in the 416. Will be interesting to see how the mall redevelopment will either compliment this new design or clash with it; time will tell.

As an aside, as it is so close to this development (there is no separate form or posting) the land that used to be occupied by Honeydale Mall, any ideas on any development there? I know that Fieldgate Commercial owns it but thats about it.
The Honeydale thread is here.

Is the 4th rendering accurate? The building looks like it’s on an island, surrounded by 3-lane roads!

EDIT: Wow - indeed it is. Went back to the first page and saw the location. Not a very walkable setup in my mind.

Is the 4th rendering accurate? The building looks like it’s on an island, surrounded by 3-lane roads!

EDIT: Wow - indeed it is. Went back to the first page and saw the location. Not a very walkable setup in my mind.
Yeah, not the greatest, but the current bridge to the mall site is supposed to stay and become a pedestrian connection to the redeveloped mall site. Will make some sense when the updated Mall site documents get posted, which should be soon. Right @interchange42 ;p

I'd like to move this island oasis 🏝️ in Etobicoke to where it belongs... can think of a couple of Bayside waterfront sites where this type of stepped podium + tower would be a vast improvement over what is planned (yes architectsAlliance... talkin' to you ;-).

Will make some sense when the updated Mall site documents get posted, which should be soon. Right @interchange42 ;p
Uhhhh, are you trying to tell me that there's something imminent coming from Quadreal on the Cloverdale site?

The new renderings are updated in the database. The overall storey count changed from 32 & 8 to 33 & 9 storey. Height changed from 110.70 & 30.40m to 112.20m & 33.00m. Total unit count changed from 511 units to 605 units. Finally, the total parking space count was reduced from 449 parking to 375 parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via SPA.

August 12th
Appears to be a solar array powered surveillance cam in the middle of the site.
Perhaps a little off topic but can someone explain to me the barrels that are on this site? I've seen many precon sites with barrels grouped across them.
1692235102879.jpeg

1692235116204.jpeg

Back