Toronto 1802 Bayview | 156.6m | 46s | Gairloch | a—A

Really prefer a midrise. Ha.
I get the helicopter path argument if its legit . . but why 35? where did that height come from? why not 38 or 42 or 34? Everything is hot air with the city. and they really prefer mid-rise! like seriously?! such a lame position. What are the performance standards, what is the maximum allowable for this location. are there not any guidelines?

I get the helicopter path argument if its legit . . but why 35? where did that height come from? why not 38 or 42 or 34?

You do know that I linked the report that answers that question, right? Why not actually take the time to read the report, and then come up with something informed you can add?

Everything is hot air with the city. and they really prefer mid-rise! like seriously?! such a lame position.

Again, its in the report that I actually linked for you, so you didn't have to go looking at all. Easy peasy. PS, calling other people, including professionals that actually care about what they're doing 'lame' is lame. How about you disagree with them after you've read the background material and understand why they're saying what they're saying. They do get things wrong, I do disagree w/them at times; but I do so after understanding why they wanted to do 'x' so we can have an informed exchange of views.

What are the performance standards, what is the maximum allowable for this location. are there not any guidelines?

As per the report I noted above............the area is subject to the Yonge-Eglinton Secondary Plan (YESP) which modelled out the entire area some time ago, and came up with height range for this and other nearby sites of 20-35s, if the site could otherwise accommodate a tall building.

That latter point is in dispute here, as I noted, as the report discusses.

But the City's take is that IF, one could justify a tall building here, then it ought to come in under the maximum proposed in the Secondary Plan.

You can disagree with the Secondary Plan (though you should read the entire thing first); but its sound logic to say that a development in an area regulated by a Secondary Plan should comply with same.

Reactions: AHK
This one now has an OPA application to redesignate the site in the Yonge-Eglinton Secondary Plan¿s (YESP) Map 23-3: Midtown Transit Station Areas from Secondary Zone to Station Area Core.

No significant changes (height/units/parking)

1802 Bayview Avenue - Virtual Community Consultation Meeting

Wednesday, May 1, 2024 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Register for webinar
If you want to attend, register now. When your registration is approved, you'll receive an invitation to join the webinar.

Host
Stacey Bien-Aime

Agenda
The City of Toronto Planning Division has received an application to amend the City of Toronto Official Plan, more specifically the Yonge-Eglinton Secondary Plan to re-designate the site from ‘Secondary Zone’ to ‘Station Area Core’ on Map 21-3. An associated Zoning By-Law Amendment application was previously submitted, and a Community Consultation Meeting for the Zoning By-Law Amendment was held on October 17, 2023.

The development proposal is for a 46-storey (156 metres to top of mechanical penthouse) residential building with 384 square metres of retail at grade along Bayview Avenue. In total, 419 residential units are proposed for a gross floor area of 28,959 square metres, with a density of 20.5 times the site area. Also proposed are 44 parking spaces within two levels of underground parking.

Join us at the Virtual Community Consultation Meeting to participate in discussions on the application and have your say.

Back