Toronto 1801 Eglinton Avenue West | 141.83m | 41s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

This is Kingsett as noted in the planning docs uploaded. Let's see if they build it or flip the rezoned land to another dev.
Kingsett has a renewed focus of building their stuff from my understanding - especially as rental buildings. Especially now that their main buyer, Cresford, has gone belly up.

Rental property should be very popular and profitable at this location, especially as the Crosstown stop is right next doors. KingSett's upcoming project at St. Clair & Bathurst is also at another prime rental location.

Last edited:
New docs from August 2021:

duffeg.JPG
duffeg2.JPG

No new renderings are updated in the database. However, there are several major changes to the project information. The new submission increased the building story count from 30 to 41 storeys. The overall building height also increased from 106.53m to 141.83m. The total unit count increased from 284 units to 446 units. Finally, the total parking count increased from 53 parking spaces to 55 parking spaces.

Wow, a 33% increase in building height and a 57% boost in the number of units at a Crosstown station! Interesting… I wonder how the unit mix is affected… These docs will be fun to read through!

EDIT …and it turns out that the first sixteen floors will be a fair bit larger on the east side, being treated like a podium of about the height of the nearby buildings, hence so many new units. It would be good to have updated renderings!

Last edited:
By any chance, is there a commitment from the city or from the developer to improve something in the THC building next to this new one? I find it difficult to understand the commercial value next to THC as it looks like right now

By any chance, is there a commitment from the city or from the developer to improve something in the THC building next to this new one? I find it difficult to understand the commercial value next to THC as it looks like right now

I'm not aware of any, at this time.

* note that this is part of the 'seniors' housing portfolio*

Last edited:

Back