Toronto 1695 Eglinton East | 7.43m | 2s | Performance Auto Group | Van Groll & Associates

This project makes no sense... sooner or later this will be demolished and condos thrown on. Similar to the Lexus/Toyota on the Park near Eglinton and Leslie.

Maybe sooner. LOL

1682348406968.png

Look at the size of this holding!

3 full hectares / 7.5 acres

1682348649004.png

IF the conversion were approved here, you're probably looking at a 1 acre park on site, They'll like be some new roads as well. Still this would likely be a fairly large multi-tower concept.

Wowza, that'd be one helluva assembly. Along with the 3 Swift Drive project on the north side of Eglinton, and other properties seemingly ripe for redevelopment, this looks poised to be a burgeoning node.

East Core, Sloane Core, Bermondseyville?

Maybe sooner. LOL

View attachment 471678

Look at the size of this holding!

3 full hectares / 7.5 acres

View attachment 471688

IF the conversion were approved here, you're probably looking at a 1 acre park on site, They'll like be some new roads as well. Still this would likely be a fairly large multi-tower concept.
Out of curiosity roughly speaking if you had to guess how many towers do you think we can see on site and lol second part is though but how high do you think it will go (60 storeys?)...

Also is it just me or is the developer building the storage depot on the south east corner of bermondsey and mobile drive stupid? They can easily fit in a tower there and it is relatively close to a lrt stop... why do you think they did that?

Out of curiosity roughly speaking if you had to guess how many towers do you think we can see on site

There's a lot ifs ands and buts there in terms of the concept.

At first blush, I would assume the City will want to break up the block, though this somewhat complicated by the LRT and whether or not one envisions vehicles being able to cross the tracks at an additional traffic light.

At the low end, I'd assume the site subdivides into two and the high end 4. That's entirely a guess, and pre-supposes the conversion request is granted.

I would probably be place the park at the south-west extreme of the site, as this minimizes any shadow.

There would certainly be room for 5 buildings at the very least, but I wouldn't assume they would all be towers. (though with minimal risk of shadow as an issue, they just might be.

and lol second part is though but how high do you think it will go (60 storeys?)...

Swift's ask across the street is 39s; we don't know yet whether they will get it. But that'll be the precedent. Then follow the rule of @ProjectEnd , the ask is what your neighbour got plus 10s. That would give you 49s, maybe.

Also is it just me or is the developer building the storage depot on the south east corner of bermondsey and mobile drive stupid? They can easily fit in a tower there and it is relatively close to a lrt stop... why do you think they did that?

I don't know, you've got a waste transfer station pretty close to the south, that comes with smells and noises; and it's not going anywhere.

The City may let the stuff fronting Eglinton go, but I think they'll fight tooth and nail for anything south of Mobile, not just to save 'employment' lands, because that helps buffer a large City works yard from complaints.

If it comes to it, self-storage buildings under one owner, only 6s tall, would not be prohibitive to remove if permission were forthcoming for a tower.

There are more in the area, just waiting to be submitted...
Which other ones in the area do you think are coming?

Also @Northern Light the storage depot is literally right beside this project, across the street. If this project gets approved I am sure there will be precedent for the storage depot to transform into towers.

Which other ones in the area do you think know are coming?

There, fixed that for you.

Few people in this city have more direct knowledge of what's happening in the development sector than PE!

He sneaks more past me than the other way around, LOL

Back