Hamilton 162 Ward Avenue | 115.5m | 38s | R+L

Branden Simon

Member Bio
Reaction score
162 Ward Ave - A proposed of 38, 34 and 26-Storeys of rental apartments with 1,836 market rental units and 8-Storey of parking garage proposed as well with 1,104 spaces located in Hamilton’s Ainslie Woods neighborhood.

No renderings yet

https://www.thepublicrecord.ca/2024...towers-proposed-for-ainslie-wood-parking-lot/

Photo from google maps
IMG_3461.jpeg

It's 2 blocks from Mac and the end of the LRT. If they take it to the tribunal the might just get it approved. It's time the city actually started acting like a city and approving some of these proposals rather than wasting millions fighting them. 1800 much needed apartments would be a plus for the city.

...Hmm, yeah... I'm going to have to agree with the NIMBYs on this one. If it was directly on Main, or near a GO station, that would be one thing, but I feel this property would be better suited for multi-bedroom townhomes/lowrise apartments, with higher density housing on the other side of St Mary’s Turf field in the Fortinos shopping plaza cornering Main and Rifle Range Road. Heck, hotel architecture aside, if this one's parking just had a connection to Rifle Range Rd it would make a lot more sense... but even still... 38 stories? 😬

I'm really interested to see how they try to spin this at the DRP! I'll definitely want to stick around for the questions on that one! 🤣

I can't wait for this s**t storm to start on this one. We all can guess what the nimby's will say and I think some of it may be true this time.

I would bet we will get a lot of people out who believe in the BANANA theory.
build absolutely nothing anywhere near anything

I recall recently seeing this site on a list of properties owned by McMaster... Is this proposal coming from Mac/ Knightstone? Or who's the prospective developer proposing this joke?

If this was on Main St, then sure whatever. That paint store, Boston Pizza and Wendy's can move into ground space commercial and slice a chunk of the Fortinos parking lot out. But man... an 8 storey 1000 space parking garage that only connects to Leland? Cities Skylines plopping going on lol.

This parking lot should be low rise townhouses.

Back