Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Ultimate bird killer...great job architects.
...and in the further narrative of killing knee jerked misinformation, I believe the windows have been bird collision proofed and fritted out where appropriate. It's is one of the conditions I suspect that gave the CF (the developer) permission to build it this way.

Now of coarse, you are free to bring in supporting evidence to disprove and dispute this. As well as, raising other concerns with this building that The City missed in granting permission to build this tower that would have adverse effects on our avian friends. But I don't think you can just erect any glass edifice without taking bird death/injury mitigation into consideration here.

Also caught the Chinese New Year - Year of the Dragon logo on Saturday at Beerfest.

1000025744.jpg

1000025745.jpg

There is an outdoor beerfest in Toronto in February?

Yep, the Roundhouse Winter Craft Beer fest hosted by Steam Whistle. Been going on for many years now, though I'd say the conditions this year were very un-winter-like. In past years finishing your beer before it freezes is part of the fun.

There is an outdoor beerfest in Toronto in February?
Yep, the Roundhouse Winter Craft Beer fest hosted by Steam Whistle. Been going on for many years now, though I'd say the conditions this year were very un-winter-like. In past years finishing your beer before it freezes is part of the fun.

Yup! A bit expensive to enter, but a lot of fun. Plus it is a bit like Halloween where the theme is Apres Ski, so usually bright coloured ski/snowboard outfits.

The brightness of the horizontal lights has definitely been lowered slightly over the last few nights. Coincidentally following the news stories on the subject.
Please, don’t dim them to the usual subtle, barely noticeable level. And maybe give CIBC a call to see if they can crank up the ‘only really noticeable up close’ diamond lights one notch!

I don't look at it as "activism" per se. Rather a wider audiences means more paying customers to them, and that is likely as deep and sincere that's going to get. So it is, what it is...unfortunately.

This building is turning out to be an excellent new landmark with rather spectacular architectural lighting. The tacked signs, though, distract from the architecture.

While I remain no fan of the signs, they're not as bad as I expected. Meanwhile the lighting is much better than expected.

Was driving, so no pics, but last night this tower, all lit up, was visible, easily identifiable, and looking spectacular from near Humber Bay.

Back