Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

It almost looks like the BMU opening can actually be closed off. Is that the case? Does anyone know how the BMU will reach the other side of the building when it's so far down from the top? Can it really extend that much or is there a second BMU?

It almost looks like the BMU opening can actually be closed off. Is that the case? Does anyone know how the BMU will reach the other side of the building when it's so far down from the top? Can it really extend that much or is there a second BMU?
Yes, the doors close, and it really can extend that much. Meanwhile, we have a front page story here.

Would have preferred the bank branch on Simcoe, and the restaurant on Front, as that stretch of Front needs some life. Otherwise a great development.

I have changed the name of the database file (and therefore thread as well) back to 160 Front West. It turns out that TD Terrace is simply a space on the fifth floor (so, podium rooftop). I haven't looked up what prompted the change last year yet, but anyway, the address is back!

EDIT: Just expanding this to say that I'm hearing that internally, TD does call the whole building, not just the fifth floor space, TD Terrace. Owner Cadillac Fairview sees things differently though, 'tis all!

That name wasn't shared with TD people until recently so most people working on it for the last few years were calling it 160. I would think CF would prefer to not have their whole building named after one co-owner. :)

That name wasn't shared with TD people until recently so most people working on it for the last few years were calling it 160. I would think CF would prefer to not have their whole building named after one co-owner. :)
I guess they're tired of playing second fiddle to TD. But they do currently operate the TD Centre, RBC Centre and the Eaton Centre, all close by so they don't seem to mind it that much. I don't think TD has any ownership stake in the building long term, though.

...there are a few towers here and there that are named after their anchor tenants, so it wouldn't of been unprecedented that this tower went the same way too. I do agree though that calling this 160 Front West is less obnoxious than calling it the TD Terraces. And for what that's worth.

Sorry for the crap pics, but holy hell this building sticks out like a green thumb!

I do hope they're still testing, because the lighting looks super tacky at night; it draws all attention to itself rather than being a highlight on skyline.

IMG_3606.jpg
IMG_3611.jpg

Sorry for the crap pics, but holy hell this building sticks out like a green thumb!

I do hope they're still testing, because the lighting looks super tacky at night; it draws all attention to itself rather than being a highlight on skyline.

View attachment 538363View attachment 538362
If this is how it's gonna be, it'll force all the surrounding buildings to fit their exteriors with lighting and displays just to be seen in photos.
I'm kidding of course. But, also not really.

If this is how it's gonna be, it'll force all the surrounding buildings to fit their exteriors with lighting and displays just to be seen in photos.
I'm kidding of course. But, also not really.
...I believe other towers would need permission from The City to do so, to which many would unlikely be granted if so. Therefore, I very much doubt Toronto's skyline is going to look like a tactless Christmas tree park anytime in the near future.

Back