Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Has this been dubbed The Bottle Opener yet?

INDX should have been called the USB Building, in my opinion.

33379207360_48dcf81b85_b.jpg

(Image by Drum118)

The interior of the building features an expansive 33-foot tall lobby with floor-to-ceiling glazing and stone finishes. Throughout the building, 9-feet-6-inch ceiling heights, with floor-to-ceiling glass, have spectacular views of Toronto’s skyline and offer an amazing quality of light for flexible and efficient workspaces. Daylight harvesting controls will help the building yield significant savings in lighting energy consumption and maximize the energy-saving potential of the building’s high-performance curtain wall system. 160 Front Street is also incorporating unparalleled amenities including a green roof at the podium level and several outdoor ‘inlets’ with tenant access from their work spaces.

Why would you advertise something that's significantly lower than your competition?

Architectural plans show 4.1 metres, or 13'5.4", floor to floor. Giving over 3'11.6" to slab and under-floor ventilation space seems excessive, so yeah, the 9'6" thing sounds hard to believe. I would believe 10'6" or 11" though.

I've been in several older bank towers around King and Bay. They have about 3 feet of mechanical space above the suspended ceiling. 4 is a possibility.

Back