Toronto 150 Pearl Street | 180m | 57s | Conservatory Group | Richmond Architects

Does anyone know how many meters apart 19 Duncan and the development right to the east of this project going to be? Looking at those renderings posted makes it look like they're going to be rubbing up against each other.

Does anyone know how many meters apart 19 Duncan and the development right to the east of this project going to be? Looking at those renderings posted makes it look like they're going to be rubbing up against each other.

From the 217 Adelaide West thread

217adestwsitepln1280-jpg.81591

I'm just trying to think how it would be connected, and what might eventually be connected to it further north and west.

Eventually, Scotiabank Theatre?
The Entertainment District wants nothing to do with the PATH and all planning decisions have taken this into account (and good for them to wanting to keep life on the street active).

The PATH is definitely great to have around if it's raining/slushy outside. The outdoors are best enjoyed on sunny days.

I think it's beneficial to give people choices- ideally the PATH should feel comfortable and not-dreary to be in, but should play second fiddle to the actual street level.

I call PATH users The Mole People. I know that many of them are very nice, reasonable people. Myself, I like to go down there every now and then and shoot them in their environment. It's also lovely to then emerge into the outside world - be it sunny, cloudy, rainy or snowy.

It's also quite the expensive undertaking to extend the PATH. I wouldn't mind so much but the wayfinding down there in Moleville is not terribly good.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-3_22-56-2.png
    upload_2017-1-3_22-56-2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 531
Last edited:
Stuff like keeping the Heritage intact and injecting a modern design overtop to give those old boys some life, .....what's there not to like?

View attachment 95066

I much better approach would be to leave the heritage alone (it doesn't need an injection) and build a slimmer tower on the vacant lot. Have the tower cantilever high up over the heritage if necessary.

I call PATH users The Mole People. I know that many of them are very nice, reasonable people. Myself, I like to go down there every now and then and shoot them in their environment. It's also lovely to then emerge into the outside world - be it sunny, cloudy, rainy or snowy.

It's also quite the expensive undertaking to extend the PATH. I wouldn't mind so much but the wayfinding down there in Moleville is not terribly good.
The PATH also expands pedestrian space, and in an area where the sidewalks are not wide, it's worth at least considering extensions for each of these buildings. The Entertainment District BIA is not going to have to worry about a lack of streetlife: they're gong to have to worry about an overload of it.

Sure it is. I just don't think the PATH system is very well organized. It always feels crudely cobbled together when I'm down there. I'd love to see it expand, all the same. I was just mostly being facetious.

Back