Toronto 14 Duncan | 156.69m | 48s | Greenwin | BDP Quadrangle

There are still clubs in the area? Who knew.
The 905 crowd I'm guessing. Club culture seems alive and well there, but definitely dying off in Toronto.

Whether this impacts the timeline on developments like this will be left to the proponents to interpret and decide, but on the topic of entertainment venues in the city, Charles Khabouth has recently mentioned in an article that he doesn't see nightclubs as feasible during this pandemic period until a vaccine is developed.

Whether this impacts the timeline on developments like this will be left to the proponents to interpret and decide, but on the topic of entertainment venues in the city, Charles Khabouth has recently mentioned in an article that he doesn't see nightclubs as feasible during this pandemic period until a vaccine is developed.

Yeah I read about that. Really, only time will tell.

This pandemic will probably serve as the final nail for clubs in the entertainment district unfortunately/fortunately depending on how you look at the situation. Other entertainment venues (such as Ballroom, Spin, etc..) are probably on their last legs and are teetering the line.

At this rate there's not going to be a lot of "entertainment" around in the Entertainment District asides from cinema, which is completely the city's causing.

This pandemic will probably serve as the final nail for clubs in the entertainment district unfortunately/fortunately depending on how you look at the situation. Other entertainment venues (such as Ballroom, Spin, etc..) are probably on their last legs and are teetering the line.

At this rate there's not going to be a lot of "entertainment" around in the Entertainment District asides from cinema, which is completely the city's causing.
I think the name will stick in a nod to the area's past, however recent that past is. Condo District might be more accurate, but it is what it is at this point.
Irish people aren't the top demographic in Corktown anymore. The Fashion District is rapidly losing the warehouses that gave it its name. Forest Hill notably lacking much forest.
Same goes for other cities. New York's Meatpacking District lost its slaughterhouses decades ago, yet the name stuck.

I think the name will stick in a nod to the area's past, however recent that past is. Condo District might be more accurate, but it is what it is at this point.
Irish people aren't the top demographic in Corktown anymore. The Fashion District is rapidly losing the warehouses that gave it its name. Forest Hill notably lacking much forest.
Same goes for other cities. New York's Meatpacking District lost its slaughterhouses decades ago, yet the name stuck.
Generally I agree with keeping the name of any given district as is, but the Entertainment District is an exception in my opinion because of tourism and how visitors perceive it.

If I was a tourist coming in to visit Toronto's "Entertainment District" I would be very underwhelmed by the entertainment options available, and frankly as a resident of this city it's embarrassing to call this area an Entertainment District of any kind. A much more appropriate name would be something like: "Cinema District".

The area around Bremner Blvd would be more suitable to have the ED naming nomenclature and would do the name justice.

...and Italians are no longer the main ethnic group in Little Italy (in both Toronto and Manhattan).

I've seen BlogTO refer to Yonge and Dundas as the Entertainment district haha. Absolutely not.
For those between 13-17 (which seems to be Blog TO's target audience these days) it most certainly is. Y-D is where all the high school students hang out to get their Instagram pics taken and gossip about guys/girls at school!

For everyone else who knows better, it most certainly isn't.

I'm embarrassed for tourists who accidentally wander to Yonge and Dundas.

I am genuinely wondering what happens to the night life in this city if the Entertainment District clubs all go under. Love it or hate it, it was a part of the culture of this city.
Agreed, it is a mess in so many different ways (including architecture)

According to a cover letter dated Dec 23, 2020 in the Docs this one continues to move forward, in a manner substantially similar to what we've seen thus far.

The Cover letter denotes the following changes:

1625163694457.png

There were a raft of new reports and new architectural plans; which didn't appear to have substantial change to them.

Back