Hamilton 1362 Barton Street East | ?m | 6s | Kiwanis Homes | McCallum Sather

Looks like there have been some design changes to the proposal based on this image shared by the developer today:
1720748824374.png

So all affordable housing is now trademarked to look like plastic colorful panels in designs made in google sketchup?

With a slightly shipping crate-esque vibe for flair?

I dunno why I expect more.. it IS affordable housing.. so.. do whatever..

So all affordable housing is now trademarked to look like plastic colorful panels in designs made in google sketchup?

With a slightly shipping crate-esque vibe for flair?

I dunno why I expect more.. it IS affordable housing.. so.. do whatever..
Ya I don't get it, nothing against affordable housing buy WHY do they all have to look the same and so obvious. I get they are building it as cheap as they can but come on...

I actually think our affordable housing looks better than some market housing being built in the US.

I welcome anyone here to take on affordable housing development though. The issue becomes, do you spend an extra $300,000 to make the building nicer and house 1 less family when the list of people is thousands of people long? I think it's just a prioritization in a time when funding is at an all time low.

We just bought the house right next to this proposed build (1360 Barton)… anyone know when this will be started? And if we should be prepared for anything or be proactive towards protecting our privacy etc?

We just bought the house right next to this proposed build (1360 Barton)… anyone know when this will be started? And if we should be prepared for anything or be proactive towards protecting our privacy etc?
It'll probably be a while. Kiwanis along with many social housing or subsidized housing providers struggle to get funding in place for projects.

Unsure what you mean by protecting privacy, they won't need you to provide any personal information for them to construct something near/next to you. They may advise you before construction commences as a courtesy though.

It'll probably be a while. Kiwanis along with many social housing or subsidized housing providers struggle to get funding in place for projects.

Unsure what you mean by protecting privacy, they won't need you to provide any personal information for them to construct something near/next to you. They may advise you before construction commences as a courtesy though.
Hi thanks for the information - the privacy is about visual privacy onto our property

Back