Toronto 125 O'Connor | 11.1m | 2s | 2315594 Ontario Inc | Turner Fleischer

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from DevApp:

"To obtain site plan approval for the construction of a two-storey commercial building."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=CnWVSiD6p0Kt7so+MZMM+g==

Elevation drawing is taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUL 29  2015-1.jpg

This is definitely not what we should be building on top of a future subway line lmao

Hmmm............

About ~8,000ft2

1662747139059.png

So you're certainly not getting a tower w/o assembly of additional properties; that said, there's a lot of space between the above, and a tower.......even something of the scale proposed at Donlands, ~6s.

Depth is tight at only 18M, and that's if you build to the lot line.

With SFH next door (but also, arguably, a future development site, a lot line build of any height is unlikely.)

Tallest existing precedent, in the immediate area (1blk any direction) appears to be only 2.5s

At a distance of under 400M to Cosburn Station, this is definitely MTSA territory, especially with nearby apartment neighbourhoods.

This one requires the deep pockets to come in and snap this up and consolidate with additional properties.

I would imagine the money is still shopping a bit closer to the station.

I'm guessing this is a fairly temporary development to utilize the land before something more meaningful is developed, possibly with an assembly of neighbouring lots. Entirely a speculation, but I agree, surprised to see something like this here.

So you're certainly not getting a tower w/o assembly of additional properties
Site also includes the neighbouring properties 129-131 O'Connor and 1119-1121 Pape. It was approved by City Council several years ago now, but has remained an empty lot since...

Site also includes the neighbouring properties 129-131 O'Connor and 1119-1121 Pape. It was approved by City Council several years ago now, but has remained an empty lot since...

Excellent info; thanks!

As per the above, updated site area:

1662803308414.png

This is actually ~22,000ft2, which is a very buildable size; lot depth remains an issue for anything particularly tall.

I always wondered about this lot...it's a great site for something, but I also see why it's been left and not developed. I still need reminding that a subway is coming to this part of town, it hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Back