Toronto 1233 Yonge | 163.55m | 49s | Woodlawn Residences | Arcadis

This property sold to Plaza in March 2023 for 30 million, as I think Firm Capital sold their interest it its entirety.
Mods can update the developer to Plaza.

Source: Altus Data Studio

This property sold to Plaza in March 2023 for 30 million, as I think Firm Capital sold their interest it its entirety.

The price here clearly indicates (to me) they do not feel they will get the height/unit ask in the most recent iteration.

That price would be way too low per unit.

Plaza was involved in the original application. They sold their interest in the property and are no longer involved.

Correct, as @Kenojuak laid out earlier this year:
I don't even mind the height. But if you're going to shoot for the stars on height (and if successful deliver an extraordinary financial return), then at least make some effort on design, public realm, and lower potions of the building that will be experienced by pedestrians, especially the ground floor. It's just such sloppy work. Again, it's not the height that gets me. It's the lazy design at the bottom and zero effort to improve the public realm or enlarge it even slightly.

1233 Yonge and 9 Woodlawn Ave. E. (both part of the development site) were purchased together on March 28, 2023, for $30,000,000 by 1233 Yonge Holdings Inc.

A tidy profit for Plazacorp and Firm Capital who had bought the parcels together on February 5, 2020 for $17,500,000 as Woodlawn Residences Corp.

I see. Altus was suggesting that the true purchaser was Plaza via 1233 Yonge Holdings Inc., so I thought it might have been an interest sale to them.

1697553979607.png

Back