News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Actually, if I'm not mistaken - The first set should begin the first phase of the delivery schedule with a new set being delivered monthly until phase two where it will become weekly until all cars of the first order have been delivered. I believe the first phase last one year.

Most of the testing of the trains themselves happened at the Kingston test track, the testing done here is going to be more of a system integration and driver training test.

I assumed they'd do a ribbon cutting at Wilson, and then a short trip to Downsview, before putting it away for testing and whatnot.

Same here or maybe a big party at the new Wilson yard extension ,a ride on the new Toronto Rocket from Wilson to Downsview and also trying the new TR simulator !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

These new cars can't get here soon enough. The Yonge line is full of the oldest cars in the fleet these days and with the high temperatures things have been brutal. The old cars have air conditioner issues, doors that don't close reliably causing delays, and the lack of handrails (the T1s are far superior in terms of having something to hold on to) has made riding the subway through this hot summer unenjoyable to say the least.

subway-5701-12.jpg

The old Gloucester trains were nice to ride on in the spring or autumn with the windows open, but in summer they were brutal.

Last edited:
It's a shame that we didn't keep the red colour after the Gloucesters. They were iconic and looked incredibly sharp. How cool would it be to have a modern, sleek-nosed interpretation of the Gloucester?

I do not think the cars are painted, with the exception of the H-5's which used to have black fronts. Or was it the H-6's?

Both of H5 & H6 originally had black fronts then the TTC was concerned of the visibility of the train so the painted the H5-H6 white with a red and orange stripe on them.Eventually they ended up painting them silver to look like other Hawker Siddely's.

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/images/subway-5504-03.gif

http://transit.toronto.on.ca/images/subway-5504-04.gif

Last edited:

Back