News   Jul 12, 2024
 855     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 769     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 324     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Hate to break the news, but I asked Brad Ross about this and he tweeted "@IlikeTTC No, not yet" [url ] http://twitter.com/bradTTC[/url]

So um I don't know what the other employess emplyees were getting their information. I'm sure if it were true tere would be pictures and a post by Agram by now..

Last edited:
There should be some photos around of the controls of the cab mock-up that was displayed at the 2008 APTA Expo. I know some people who went, so perhaps I can obtain photos from them. Though things could have changed between the mock-up and production cars.
As promised, here are photos of inside the cab mock-up at APTA 2008 (all photos by Jan Boic):

4396288470_feecac0def_o.jpg

4396288842_885207b1f7_o.jpg

4396288630_b2fd03325a_o.jpg

Me too :D

Now... if we could only get to see those LCD screens above the windows, and how many are there?:p

(I'm baaaack....)

Here we go with the lcd's again....:) im gonna make a colage with all the picks Ive collected bout the tr

aie...too bad we don't actually get to see it when the TR is in service...but still...looks awesome!

Arrgh. The same inane posts as I tried to crackdown on before, so once again I'm cooling off this foam-fest. For fan-talk, CPTDB awaits.

Thread closed until further notice. Contact me directly to re-open the thread (ie any relevant news or pics, not any comments about acceleration noise or door chimes).

Last edited:
Here's a clip of the LED map system that's being used on the new MKII vehicles in Vancouver. Seeing how these vehicles were manufactured by Bombardier and assembled at the Thunder Bay plant, It's pretty safe to assume that this will be what the maps on the rocket will look like.

[video=youtube;qr6qfKwYEJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr6qfKwYEJk[/video]

Thanks ando, It looks awesome! The lights seem very nice. I don't care much for the computerized voice they used, takes away from the modern fell of the train. I like our current ones, hopefully they'll use those instead.

[video=youtube;yqrJArxZx7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrJArxZx7Y[/video]

the electronic map on the Shenzen subway looks better than our design. i wish ours would be like that

^Hate to say it, but I've been on the Shenzhen Metro and found the whole animated light show on the route map to be technology overkill. A simpler map that indicates stations with lights is much better.

It's probably a distraction for passengers from the pickpockets that Shenzhen is notorious for.

Thanks ando, It looks awesome! The lights seem very nice. I don't care much for the computerized voice they used, takes away from the modern fell of the train. I like our current ones, hopefully they'll use those instead.

My god, I found someone who likes Betty from Ajax's voice, who doesn't know Sum-ummer Hill from Summerhilll, and doesn't know that the Mill in "York Mill" is actually pluralized. And doesn't know how to use her indoor voice sometimes.

I'm shocked.

Back