News   Jul 16, 2024
 364     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 469     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

I still never see the fix they were experimenting with where they add bars to hold onto below the air conditioners.
I rode this train this morning southbound from Bloor-Yonge at 8:48am. It's the 546x train. No one really used the bars/straps even during the height of rush hour.

I'm rather glad that that particular setup hasn't been too widely implemented. As a tall person riding the trains with those always forced me to duck to fit underneath them :p

Maybe they should put a couple of vertical bars instead. It's a problem that there's nothing to hold onto for a large area.

The TTC actually prohibits the use of coarse language in its vehicles according to its bylaw, except that it is rarely enforced.

Not just that, but copulating (including masturbating) is also prohibited.

Good thing Michael Jackson does not use the TTC, especially given that he is dead.

On the subway trains, when the crew knows about a problem with the doors, they put up a barrier. There are other doors available for the passengers to use (unless they are very stubborn and demand to still use that door).

[video=youtube_share;vzFob7pq-Lg]http://youtu.be/vzFob7pq-Lg[/video]

Since we are to be able to use all four doors (two wide and two narrow) of the new streetcars to enter and egress, the operator could use a barrier to block a malfunctioning door of the streetcar. The passengers (in theory) could use the other doors and still keep the streetcar in service until a mechanic can get to it and fix it. Has anyone seen that happen in other jurisdictions of the world?

WKL: I watched your door malfunction video...Are the doors in TTC Subway cars marked in any way similar to how NYC Transit
marks doors to help report problems like this: Each larger IND/BMT car has four sets of doors per side and they are (facing forward)
left side L1 to L8 and right side R1 to R8...Along with the car number and line noting the problem door panel(s) one can report door trouble...

With the articulated fixed consist TR equipment a similar marking can help report problems with doors when they occur...LI MIKE

P.S. if this should be in the Toronto Rocket section please move this post...

Last edited:
WKL: I watched your door malfunction video...Are the doors in TTC Subway cars marked in any way similar to how NYC Transit
marks doors to help report problems like this: Each larger IND/BMT car has four sets of doors per side and they are (facing forward)
left side L1 to L8 and right side R1 to R8...Along with the car number and line noting the problem door panel(s) one can report door trouble...

With the articulated fixed consist TR equipment a similar marking can help report problems with doors when they occur...LI MIKE

P.S. if this should be in the Toronto Rocket section please move this post...

They are marked by door leaf and car - door leaves 1 to 16 starting from the right side A end of the car, and cars 1 through 6.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I've noticed that our newest TR trainsets (IIRC, 5850 - 5856 and above) have been delivered with the same external door chimes that we saw on a few of the older trainsets. Bombardier and the TTC may be switching to this configuration for the remaining TRs.

I've noticed that our newest TR trainsets (IIRC, 5850 - 5856 and above) have been delivered with the same external door chimes that we saw on a few of the older trainsets. Bombardier and the TTC may be switching to this configuration for the remaining TRs.

They are, and will be retrofitting the older trainsets as they can.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Sorry for the poor picture, but last week I was on Viva Purple and at Keele and Steeles there were a few TRs getting ready for delivery. By the time I got my camera phone on, the best photo opportunities had passed:

20140523_133802.jpg

Back