Toronto 12° / 12 Degrees Condos | 35.66m | 11s | BSäR Group | Core Architects

Aug 17: Over the last couple of days they've been hauling in truckloads of soil and filling in the shallow pit that they had started digging out. Can someone shed some light as to why they're filling it all in now? Below is a photo from an hour ago:

7802504230_8223d12f89_b.jpg

They're likely just making sure that their shoring machines have a safe, sturdy surface to work on. Considering the size of the hole they're about to dig, they're not going to risk accidents with machinery over a few truckloads of fill.

Soils / Environmental

Typically, downtown projects have "dirty" soil on the surface that has to be removed and is generally replaced with clean fill before excavation. This is standard operating procedure. Clearly they are getting going here. Does anyone know if they have units left for sale? I really don't see how you can go wrong here. This is literally the only one of its kind downtown. Everything else there is 12 of...bad pun intended!

Now that things look underway any wild guesses on a completion time?

My 'wild' guess would be late 2014 to early 2015.......I'm by that area often and do see activity taking place, despite the lack of significant progress that has yet to be seen.

My 'wild' guess would be late 2014 to early 2015.......I'm by that area often and do see activity taking place, despite the lack of significant progress that has yet to be seen.

That seems extremely delayed given that the originally projected completion date would be late 2012. I certainly hope that they start to pick up the pace.

That's what I figured as well. Being a low-mid rise hopefully it won't take too long. I purchased in the development and am anxious to see how it turns out.

That seems extremely delayed given that the originally projected completion date would be late 2012. I certainly hope that they start to pick up the pace.

Well, SpotX and Pandoramia, I hope you're both right. I was merely guessing on the timeline. However, there is still alot of work to be done and its pretty much the end of 2012 now. They have the excavation and below grade construction, followed by the 12 stories above grade to complete. I too hope they are able to pick up the pace throughout the winter as they began to sell units for this project as early as May 2010. Should they be in a position to begin interim occupancy in late 2014 to early 2015 that would be a reasonable turnaround time when compared to other projects in this area, as well as in the neighboring King West area, of downtown Toronto.

Estimate is Way Off - Early 2014

This is an 11 storey building on a small footprint guys. They have clearly received their financing in light of what is happening on the site. Outside of some sort of tsunami this will be ready by early 2014 easily. Any delays that took place must have had to do with banking stuff in my view. It must have been worked out because no developers move forward on construction to the extent these guys have without a loan.

I am excited to see this one come up. They have 20 or so units left according to the developers sales staff but they don't seem to be trying to sell them too actively? I guess they think the building will be pretty sexy when it is built and they may as well wait. I have to say I tend to agree based on the renderings I have seen; especially if they actually build that rooftop with that awesome pool they are showing up there. Time will tell but this one is going to be worth investing in if they deliver on what they are showing. These types of buildings in desirable areas literally do not exist downtown at all.

Early 2014 completion is very remote.

I live in an area where many 11-13 storey buildings have popped up. Without having to dig underground, it would take about 2 years. With underground parking, add at least 6 months. And that is with the weather cooperating and not starting to dig in the winter.

So we're talking early 2015 if everything goes smoothly. Later if there are the typical hiccups in a construction project.

Also not particularly crazy about a rooftop pool in a small building. Less units to share the maintenance cost and the eventual repair cost.

Back