Toronto 119-127 Church Street | 193.15m | 59s | CentreCourt | Arcadis

Back in the olden days, we didn't use to track elevators on applications, but since I had to look at the plans again.
Since to some residents in the taller buildings that waiting on an elevator is like waiting on a ferry to take them to Gilligan's Island...so this factor has become an important consideration here, I gather. /sigh

Posting to scare Toronto architects (and centrecourt) 👻👻👻

Centrecourt and IBI's white and black formula is rather tired. I'm aware of the state of things in the city, brick builds like this aren't really ever going to happen /sigh.

brick.jpg

Last edited:
It seems every other residential tower proposal these days (and some under construction too) features a series of 'reverse setbacks' (cantilevered sections). While novel at first, it has become almost as boring as the simple glass box. I suspect their popularity is due to the ability to expand floorspace (thus allowing developers to squeeze in more units) above and beyond some required lower-level setback.

I find these cantilevered designs often lead to clumsy looking buildings. The jumbled base really doesn't help things either.

And with regards to the brick, it can be done when there's a willingness. PJ Condos, the Selby to name a couple. Unfortunately though @ProjectEnd is right when it comes to general development culture in the city, the willingness is often lacking.

Posting to scare Toronto architects (and centrecourt) 👻👻👻

Centrecourt and IBI's white and black formula is rather tired. I'm aware of the state of things in the city, brick builds like this aren't really ever going to happen /sigh.

View attachment 489888
Even just the arched podium portion would make this so so much better.

Back at Preservation Board https://secure.toronto.ca/council/agenda-item.do?item=2024.PB13.4

NOTE TO MODS: Maybe adjust Thread title re street numbering??

PB13.4 - 127 (121-123) Church Street and 89 Queen Street East - Alterations to Heritage Properties and 119 Church Street - Removal of a Heritage Building; Authority to Enter into a Heritage Easement Agreement​

Consideration Type: ACTIONWard: 13 - Toronto Centre

Now coming to TEYCC

and

LOL, in trying to post before me, you're not even going to tell people that the building got a small haircut?

It's down to 59s. @Paclo must be notified.

Not sure where we lost a floor as the last Cover Letter in file says no change in height.

New Arch. Plans were filed in January but only have a single page in them and the older versions are gone.

LOL, in trying to post before me, you're not even going to tell people that the building got a small haircut?

It's down to 59s. @Paclo must be notified.

Not sure where we lost a floor as the last Cover Letter in file says no change in height.

New Arch. Plans were filed in January but only have a single page in them and the older versions are gone.
You think I actually read all this stuff, my only aim is to post before you :-> and in that simple thing I almost always fail!

The Preservation Report, and the Rental Housing Demolition and Zoning changes were all adopted by Council at its February meeting.

Back