Toronto 1175-1203 Bathurst | ?m | ?s

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if this is an actual proposal, but found this on Makow Associates' website. Bathurst & Bridgman, north of the railway above Dupont.

Current site:

The "ghosted" upper 3/5s of that first rendering makes me think they assume those parts will be chopped off in the planning review stage.

Very large assembly is in play on Bathurst opposite the TTC's Hillcrest yards.

Ezra Projects has registered to lobby on behalf of the above in favour of a Combined Planning Application, which may include affordable housing.

The primary Assembly is 1177-1203 Bathurst Street, 84 Bridgman Avenue and 274-306 Albany Avenue. A secondary assembly also exists at 315-329 Albany.

The primary Assembly is a whopping 0.6ha/or 1.5 acres,

1673965338978.png

The secondary Assembly is the other side of Albany to the primary one:

1673965498458.png

This one is about 0.3ha/.75 acres.

A quick look at these on Streetview:

(on Bathurst)

1673965621980.png

and

1673965648642.png

On Bridgeman:

1673965703666.png

On Albany:

1673965749673.png

1673965780544.png

Secondary Assembly:

1673965833856.png

1673965872796.png

I think before commenting further, I'll ask UT's fastest 'Find the Zoning' poster............ @innsertnamehere to have a peek at this

Thanks!

Seems like a very big 'ask' is coming here.

On the one hand, across from Hillcrest and the CP mainline one might think the sell might more plausible. But there's a lot of SFH back in there, both within and adjacent to these sites.

Seems like an expensive process if 'affordable' housing is the target.

Ahh, the Tarragon Village area, the eastly fringes of our Davenport realms. @ADRM should be very familiar with these neck of the woods. ;)

I'm very supportive of doing something proactive with these properties.

Some history on the 1191 Bathurst St building:

Last edited:
all "neighbourhoods"

I get why the interior block, and even the back half of first block that fronts Albany were designated neighbourhoods, but it is crazy to me that properties fronting any stretch of Bathurst, particularly one so central, should have that.

Of course, I am in favour of the entire parcel being redesignated. This is an underlooked pocket that is central, transit accessible, and halfway (walkably so) between the Wychwood area and the Annex, both of which have great amenities. A great spot to add some density.

Ahh, the Tarragon Village area, the eastly fringes of our Davenport realms. @ADRM should be very familiar with these neck of the woods. ;)

I'm very supportive of doing something proactive with these properties.

Some history on the 1191 Bathurst St building:

The link is not working for me. That building certainly looks nice, though, and while I am not familiar with its history, I agree heritage should be considered in any application here.

Link updated (and provided again below):

Although I wouldn't riot if we lost this building, it's definitely one I would be sad to see get torn down. Especially where it is on the lot I would think it would be pretty easy for the team to incorporate it into the project, whether they keep just the facade and build up through it, add onto it, or a combination of both. It's also a building I think people would enjoy having as part of their complex, there are so many projects around that have little and I guess not so little bits of Toronto history worked into the designs

Yeah, if I were conceptualizing a redevelopment, that building would definitely be a keeper. A bit faded through the years, but a nice touch up would put it back to form and would anchor whatever is done to this block in the future. Warehouse buildings of this stature are a rarity among this immediate area.

Very large assembly is in play on Bathurst opposite the TTC's Hillcrest yards.

Ezra Projects has registered to lobby on behalf of the above in favour of a Combined Planning Application, which may include affordable housing.

The primary Assembly is 1177-1203 Bathurst Street, 84 Bridgman Avenue and 274-306 Albany Avenue. A secondary assembly also exists at 315-329 Albany.

The primary Assembly is a whopping 0.6ha/or 1.5 acres,

View attachment 451065

The secondary Assembly is the other side of Albany to the primary one:

View attachment 451066

This one is about 0.3ha/.75 acres.

A quick look at these on Streetview:

(on Bathurst)

View attachment 451067

and

View attachment 451068

On Bridgeman:

View attachment 451069

On Albany:

View attachment 451070

View attachment 451071

Secondary Assembly:

View attachment 451072

View attachment 451073

I think before commenting further, I'll ask UT's fastest 'Find the Zoning' poster............ @innsertnamehere to have a peek at this
How did you find out about this?
Is there a document or reference I could also look at?

Is the proposal not including 1175 Bathurst st?

How did you find out about this?

I answer that question right in the very first post you quoted. It's in the Lobbyist Registry.

Is there a document or reference I could also look at?

You can look at the entry, but it won't tell you anything beyond what I've shared. There are no public plans for the site as yet.

Is the proposal not including 1175 Bathurst st?

That property was not listed on the entry.

Back